Chapter 16: The Sugar

I've learned my lesson.

Never again will I allow Ross to eat that much sugar in one sitting.

I can't believe I let this happen. Actually, I can't believe that I forgot that Ross gets this way when he's on a sugar high. I literally forgot how hyper and out of control he gets.

I'm at his house right now. I would just leave but we're the only ones here since the rest of his family went to the movies and Ross decided to stay here. Then he called me and asked me to come over and since he's been so nice to me lately, I came. Then he asked if I wanted anything to eat. I declined but he gave me a piece of chocolate anyway. Later, I found out that he got into the candy stash that his family hid from him because he eats too much and gets himself high on sugar.

I made the mistake of telling him that he was going to be "bouncing off the walls from so much sugar" and now he's literally trying to bounce himself off the wall.

In case you were wondering, humans do not bounce off of walls. Instead, they smack into the wall and since the wall isn't a trampoline, they do not bounce back. Every time Ross hits the wall, he makes the picture frames hanging on the wall shake which makes me wince. Every time.

I would take the picture frames off the wall so they don't fall and break but I'm afraid to go anywhere near him, scared that he'll try and throw me out the window again so I can 'fly'.

That's a whole other story.

So I'm standing in the kitchen, watching from the doorway as Ross continues to throw himself onto the wall in the living room.

I can only imagine the bruises he'll have all over his shoulders and arms tomorrow.

Deciding that he's had enough, Ross finally stops. He puts his back towards the wall and slowly slides down it until he hits the ground. Once he's in a sitting position he looks around the room until his eyes land on me. That causes them to light up and a big smile to appear on his face before he calls for me.

"Laura! When did you get here?" He asks me.

I sigh, "I've been here the whole time Ross. Don't you remember?" This isn't the first time this has happened today.

He sits quietly with his eyebrows furrowed, thinking deeply. Then he smiles at me again.

"Oh yeah! You were here when I visited Pickles!"

'Pickles' is the goose that the neighbors have in their front yard. He's a statue. Ross was asking him how he liked his new home since they demolished his pond. He confused Austin & Ally with real life. When Ross gets on a sugar high, he acts like he's drunk so I've been having a great afternoon here with him.

I just nod at him and reply with a quiet, "yeah".

"Why are you all the way over there?" he asks, almost whining.

I shrug, not wanting to tell him that I'm afraid he'll throw me out a window. That wouldn't end very well.

He reaches out his arm like a child would, "Come over here. I haven't seen you in forever!" He complains.

I hesitate before slowly walking towards him. He's still on the ground when I reach him so I just squat down beside him, not sitting all the way down so I can escape quickly if I need to.