Chapter 15: The Bad Day

I'm home alone. My parents are still with Vanessa in New York and Ross is at home. We're actually not together today. Ever since we started this deal, it's like we've been together almost every hour of every day.

I'm actually glad Ross isn't around today. I'm not having a good day. My period, that was supposed to come a week from today, decided to come early. I'm having terrible cramps and I took a hot shower hoping to ease the cramps but that did not end well. It's a long story.

So now, I'm laying on the couch watching 'Gilmore Girls' and trying not to cry. All I really want is ice cream and chocolate but of course, I don't have any. I searched the whole house for any chocolate I had possibly misplaced even though that's very unlikely. I found nothing.

I tried to zone out the cramp pains and just focus on the TV but it's not working very well.

Right when I forget about the cramps slowing murdering my stomach, my phone rings, knocking all my concentration on the TV out the window. Thanks, person who's calling.

I grab my phone after mustering up enough strength and check the caller ID before answering.

Ross.

I answer quickly because I haven't heard from him all day and because it was about to go to voicemail.

"Hello?" I say, trying not to sound like I'm dying.

"Hey, Laur." He responds.

"Hey." I really hope I don't sound terrible.

"What's wrong, Laur?" He asks. Ugh, I must sound terrible.

"Do I really sound that bad?" I reply, wincing when a big cramp hits.

"No. You just don't sound as enthusiastic as usual so I was just guessing but now I know something's up. What's wrong?"

Dang it. I gave myself away.

"Nothing's wrong." I try to reassure him.

"Stop lying."

I stay silent, not knowing what to say.

"Are you at home?" He asks all of a sudden.

"Yeah." I answer without thinking. I probably shouldn't have said that.

"Alright, I'm coming over." I knew it.

"No! You don't need to. I'm fine!" I tell him. I doubt I can change his mind but it's worth a try.

I hear the sound of keys in the background before he speaks, "No you're not. Something's wrong but you won't tell me what so I'll come find out myself."

I sigh. There's no stopping him. Once Ross Shor Lynch sets his mind to something, there's nothing that can hold him back. So much for not spending a day together. I'm not complaining though.

"Okay." I say.

"Really? I expected you to put up more of a fight than that." He says, surprise evident in his tone.

"I don't have enough energy for that." I say, almost whining.

He chuckles and I hear a door shut on his side of the line, "Hang tight, I'll be there soon."

I stay silent, not having anything to say.

"Well I'm gonna hang up now. You don't want me to drive distracted and crash before I get to your house do you?" He asks. I can picture the smirk on his face.

"Don't die on me now. Bye." I say before hanging up on him. Oops. I'll probably never hear the end of that.

I continue to watch my show before the front door suddenly opens. Ross waltzes in like he owns the place. What? I thought I locked the door.