Eleven

Louis had to be pregnant. He just had to be. He has never been so put off by the thought of food before, and he was up until 3am getting sick.

Today was the first day that the doctor said it was safe to take a pregnancy test, and of course, Louis forgot to take it this morning before work. Okay, so, maybe he didn't forget. Maybe it was more along the lines of Louis was terrified that the test would come back negative, and Louis really didn't want it to be negative. He also wouldn't mind someone to be there when he took it whether or not it turned out positive or not. Comfort is good for bad news.

"Liam!" Louis says excitedly into the speaker of his phone.

"Hey, mate. How's it going?" Liam replies, slightly more mellow.

"Do you want to do me a huge favor?" Louis asks nervously, scrunching his nose.

Liam sighs. "What have you done now, Louis?"

"Nothing bad, don't say it like that," Louis laughs. "I need you to come 'round to mine tonight."

"Sure, lad, what for?"

"Well," Louis debates with himself on whether or not to blurt out the fact that he might be pregnant over the phone, but he got a little too nervous to say it. "I'm-I'll just tell you when you're there, alright? How's the ole job going anyways?"

"It's going alright. The interns have started to flood in again. You still looking to be set up, because their are a couple of lads I think you'd potentially be interested in."

"Thanks for the offer, Liam, but I'm not exactly in a good place in my life to start a new relationship right now," Louis laughs, imagining his future with the thing that could be growing inside him right now.

"Are you kidding me? A couple of months ago, you were begging me to set you up with someone," Liam says.

"Alright, now, I wasn't begging. I was heavily implying," Louis jokes. He hears a beep and realizes he has a call waiting on a different line.

"Whatever you say, Lou," Liam says, sarcastically.

"Yes, well, on that note, I have a call waiting. And it's coming from your office. Fancy that."

"It's probably one of the new interns calling to set up the Montgomery-Meyerson meeting. Have fun with that."

"Yeah, whatever, Liam, bye," Louis says and hangs up, immediately answering the waiting call.

"Hello, Montgomery Incorporated, how may I help you?" Louis answers in the most professional voice he can put on in that moment.

"Um, hello. I'm calling on behalf of Derrick Dobrev. He wishes to schedule a meeting between Mr. Montgomery and Mr. Meyerson for Tuesday at 3 o'clock," the person on the other line says. Because of his overwhelmingly uncomfortable voice, Louis can tell that Liam was right about it being an intern calling.

"Alright, let me check Mr. Montgomery's schedule for Tuesday," Louis says, flipping through the planner he bought specifically to put Montgomery's to-do's in. "Tuesday at 3 o'clock is actually perfect. Have you already informed Meyerson?"

"Yes, just before this," the deep voice answered.

"Alright, that's perfect, then. I'll let him know. Thank you," Louis says, jotting the meeting down in his planner.

"Thank you as well. Have a nice evening," the intern says before hanging up. Louis was pleasantly surprised with the politeness of that intern. He sincerely wishes they were all so kind.

Louis stands up and walks over to Mr. Montgomery's office, knocking politely.

"Yes, Mr. Tomlinson?" Montgomery says without looking up at Louis.