Chapter Two

"Little mate, I've almost found you."

       My screams wake my bestfriend up. Kristen runs over to me, "Lucy, honey, it's okay." She wraps her arms around me tightly, "You're okay. You're safe; he doesn't know anything about you." I shiver, "It was a nightmare, but I feel like he can atcually talk to me through my dreams."

      The door bursts open, revealing Kristen and I's other two roommates. "Of course he can," Jimmy says, handing me a bowl of ice cream. "Jim and I talk to each other in dreams," Jack adds, handing me a spoon. Kristen scowls, "We don't want to hear about the kinky dreams you two have had." Jimmy smirks, whilst Jack rolls his eyes, flipping his bangs out of his eyes. Jim wraps his arms around Jack, "You need a haircut, babe."

       Jimmy and Jack had moved out of our pack house when they turned eighteen, which was about two years ago, because some of our pack mates didn't accept the fact that there could be gay mates. They had always been like older siblings to Kristen and I; so as soon as we turned eighteen, which was about six months ago, we moved in with them. Technically we still lived in our pack's territory, meaning we had to go to big cerimonies and emergency pack meetings, but we lived in the city with humans in a two bedroom apartment.

       Kristen turns back to me, completely serious, "Are you okay?" I smile weakly, "I just prefer not to be harrased in my dreams." Kristen squeezes me, "He can't find you in your dreams." I turn to the boys, hoping to confirm this. Jack squirms uncomfortably. 

       I pale, "He can find me?" Jack shakes his head, "Not exactly... he can communicate with you, but if you even thought your location in your dream, he could find you." Jimmy nods, "He could find you other ways as well, though. Lets hope he hasn't found the pack or talked to Alpha Stan."

       Kristen squeezes me tighter. "Thank you," I whisper. We all move into the kitchen. "It's so late," Jim whines, turning to the clock. It reveals that it's 2:00 am. "Sorry," I say.

       Jack's phone rings, "Hello?" Jimmy kisses his cheek, "I'm going to bed." Jack holds his arm and hangs up the phone, "Don't go; we have an emergency pack meeting." I groan. Whenever we went back to the pack my mom begged me to come back, my dad ends up fighting with someone, and my younger sister gloats about her perfect life with her mate to everyone. Unfortunately, emergency pack meetings were required.

       Kristen throws her hair up, a sure sign of a bad night. We all got to get dressed. Within five minutes, we were out the door and on our way to the pack house.

       Arriving, we join the crowd outside gathering in front of our outdoor stage. My mom spots us right away, "Lucinda!" I grimace, "Hi Mom." She hugs me, "How are you? You look great, Your sister misses you. What'd you think of my haircut? Your dad's been really lazy lately. Tell him to start doing stuff again. I got a job at the nursery. Did you lose weight? I miss you."

       My mom tended to have a rambling issue. "I miss you too, Mom," I respond. She grins, waving at my roommates. My mom brings me over to my sister and her mate. My sister, Lily, had been one of the few to find her mate as soon as she turned sixteen.

       "Hey, Lil," I say, hugging her. "Hi!" she squeals. "Hi Mason," I greet my sister's mate. "Hey, Lucy." "How are you two?" I ask. Lily grabs ahold of Mason, "We're perfect, and thinking about having a baby!" I gasp, "You're pregnant?" She giggles, "No, luce! We're thinking about taking me off birth control. I'm not pregnant yet!" "You want a baby?" I ask. She  smiles, "You don't?" I smirk, "Not yet, I'm not ready." She shrugs, "Just wait until you find your mate." She sighs dreamily. I've met my mate, and I don't want anything to do with him, but I wasn't about to tell anyone that.

       Alpha Stan taps the microphone, "Attention!" Everyone instantly quiets. "You may be wondering why I've called an emergency meeting at two in the morning, but it's nothing to panick about." Sighs of relief sound out, and Apha Stan clears his throat. "This meeting concerns a very worried Alpha, looking for his mate that ran away from him."

       I gape at him and I feel Kristen's arms around me. "It's okay. We're leaving, come on." I can't seem to move. Jack grabs my hand, "Lucy, we need to move. Your mate is here. He can sense you." Tears spill out of my eyes. Jimmy pulls us all to the ground, "Get low and stop being idiots."

       Lily looks at us curiously, and I shake my head. She has to look away, and we have to get out of here. Alpha Stan is talking, but I can't make out any words.

       My mate's scent comes to me and my natural instinct is to run towards the scent. I also have the urge to run as far away from the scent as possible, So, run I do. I let my feet take me wherever they like; my brain can catch up later. Pausing by the woods, I search through the crowd. No one appeared to notice I was gone. I stumble backwards, breathing heavily. Two steady hands catch me.

       "I've found you, princess."