Chapter Eleven

There's a constant pounding on the door of my bedroom. Kristen and I have locked ourselves in my room for a few hours now, and I guess our mates were getting restless. I couldn't say I blamed them. I didn't want to admit it, but I was missing how annoying Jason was. It didn't even make sense. I couldn't usually stand him.

"That's it," Kristen says, standing. She walks to the door, slamming it open, "If you two idiots wouldn't mind shutting up, I'm trying to sleep." Sebastian gapes at her, "I just want to talk to you." Kristen rolls her eyes, leaving the door open, and walking back to my bed. She lies face down, and starts crying again. I glare at the boys, and walk back over to the bed.

I rub circles into her back, "Kristen, sweetie, do you want something to eat or drink?" She shakes her head, and continues sobbing into the pillow. Sebastian slowly approaches us, and sits on the end of the bed. Without saying a word, he pulls Kristen into his arms, and she grips him tightly, crying into his chest. I smile at him, "I think I'm going to check on the hurt kids." He nods silently.

I grab Jason's hand, pulling him to the pack's infirmary. Julian and Riley were recovering pretty well. Julian's parents had come back from out of town as soon as they heard the news.

Jason stops me, pushing me into his office at the bottom of the stairs. "What are you doing?" I ask. He pulls me to his chest, "Baby, I hate fighting with you." I barley crack a smile, "Me too." "I'm sorry," Jason says, and I grab his hand, squeezing tight.

We walk hand in hand down to the infirmary. As soon as we enter, Julian jumps up, "Alpha, Luna!" He runs into our arms. I grin at him, "Hey, buddy, how are you?" Jason picks him up, and he replies, "I'm feeling a lot better. My stomach's healing up real good." He lifts up his shirt to show us the fading scar on his stomach.

I sit on the edge of his hospital bed, and he jumps down to come sit in my lap. "Where's Riley?" I ask. He frowns, "She got discharged today, so she's probably playing with the rest of the kids." "When are you getting discharged?" Jason asks. He shrugs, "Sometime this week, I think." I ruffle up his hair, "Alright, well when you get discharged, let me know right away and we'll do something. Maybe we can get ice cream or something?" He nods enthusiastically, "Yes please, Luna!" I give him a quick hug, and follow Jason out of the room.

Jason brings his hand along the small of my back, guiding me into the kitchen. I smirk, "Last time we were in a kitchen together, I ended up with pancake mix in my hair." He grins, "That's not exactly what I had in mind." I raise an eyebrow in confusion, and he proceeds to lift me up on the counter, sliding himself in between my legs.

I take a breath, looking down at our current situation. His hand grabs ahold of my chin, making me look up at him. "God, you're beautiful," he says, leaning in to kiss me. I flush as soon as I feel his lips on mine. His hands snake around my waist, pulling me closer. I wrap my legs around his waist, tangling my fingers in his hair.

"Excuse me," someone says, coughing. We pull away from each other quickly. Sebastian and Kristen stand there, holding hands. "Sorry," Jason says, rubbing his neck. Sebastian grins, "Nah, man, you're good."

"I see you two talked," I say, smirking at Kristen. She rolls her eyes, "So did you guys." I blush, hopping off the counter. Jason throws his arm around my shoulder.

Kristen leans into Sebastian, and Sebastian wraps her in his arms, whispering something into her ear. She smiles up at him, and he kisses her forehead. I was happy for my best friend, and I was ecstatic that she would move in.

"Can we talk?" I ask Kristen. She nods, pulling away from her mate. He frowns, but lets her walk away from him. Jason tugs on my arm when I try to follow her into the next room, "What are you doing?" "Talking to her; do you have a problem with that?" I ask, annoyed. He rolls his eyes, but sighs, "No, baby, go ahead." I kiss his cheek, walking to the living room.

Kristen lays on the couch, and I talk the opportunity to jump on top of her. She lets out a yelp, and I laugh, situating myself on the couch. "What do you want to talk about?" She asks. "What happened up there?"

She goes into the story of how Sebastian held her while she sobbed, and she finally stopped. When she did, he talked about how long he had waited for his mate, and how perfect she was for him. She, much like myself with Jason, decided to give him a chance. "We are, after all, made for each other," she finishes. I hug her tightly, "I'm happy for you. Sebastian's really a good guy, and if anyone's going to be your mate, I'm glad it's him." Kristen nods, "Yeah, honestly he seems like a great guy."

There's a knock on the door, "Can we come in?" "Yeah," I reply, standing. Our mates enter the room. I sigh, all the sudden feeling incredibly tired. I hug Kristen, "Hey, I'll see you later, okay?" She nods and gives me a smile.

I walk up to Jason and I's room, plopping down on the bed. I soon fall asleep, dreaming of my future.