Chapter Five

(I've literally already written like four more chapters, but I want to post them slowly.. Also, picture of Jason above.)

"You are so ridiculous!" I scream, stomping my foot like a child. He winces, "Luce, please." "Let's get this straight. First of all, you want to go back to your pack today? And you think you have "the right" to call me by pet names?" I question, raising both my eyebrows. He rakes his hand through his hair, "Are we really arguing about this? It's not MY pack. It's OUR pack. Plus, I'm your mate. You can call me whatever you want, so why can't I call you baby or princess?" "It makes me sound like a brat," I respond, crossing my arms over my chest. "To who?" He demands. "MYSELF!" I yell.

A knock sounds on my door. "Come in," my mate says, and I kick him in the shin. "Since when is this your room?" He growls, "How many times do I have to tell you that we share everything? We're mates!"

My door opens, and my parents stand there looking quite nervous. "Oh look what you've done now!" I accuse my mate, "You've scared my parents half to death." My mom interferes, "Lucinda, stop it this instant!" I glare at her.

"Compromise is the key to every relationship," my father says calmly, putting his arm around my mother. My mom nods, "I agree. Now what's the problem here?" Jason and I start talking at the same time, each trying to talk over each other. I groan, "SHUT UP!" His nostrils flare, "Do not speak to me like that."

My mom interrupts us again, "KITCHEN. NOW." I silent immediately, and start walking down the stairs to the kitchen. My mate grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers. Although I would never admit it to Jason, it did calm me down a little. It seemed to have the same effect on him. We sit down at the kitchen table, holding hands under the table, but refusing to look at one another.

My parents sit down and my father sits silently, letting my mother handle this. "Alpha, may I speak freely?" She asks, bowing her head slightly. He nods, "Of course, Ms. Dame." His politeness to my parents really impressed me in all reality. My mother smiles, "You two are absolutely crazy." I gape at her, "Mom!" My mate squeezes my hand.

"What's the problem here?" My mom asks. My mate looks at me, letting me speak. I grin triumphantly. "He wants to leave for his pack tonight, and he wants to call me pet names." "Compromise," my dad mutters. My mom nods in agreement, "How about he can call you pet names, if you leave in another day or two?" I gasp, realizing how easy the solution was. "You're a genius," my mate says, looking grateful for my mother.

"Is that a deal?" Jason asks me. I nod at him, blushing slightly. He grabs my chin, making me look into his eyes. "You're so cute when you blush," he whispers. I groan, "Ugh! I am not little or cute." He rolls his eyes, "I'm sorry Luce. You're so hot when you blush. Does that make you happy? Does it?" I grin at him, "Yes." He grins right back, obviously playful.

My father coughs, pulling us out of our daze. I giggle, embarrassed by being called "hot" in front of my dad. I let go of my mate's hand and shake it out nervously. "I think I'll go take a nap," I say, standing. My mate quickly follows, "I think I'll join you."

We rush upstairs and burst into laughter once in my room behind the closed doors. "Thank you," he whispers, pulling me to him. My breathing stops for a moment as I stand wrapped in Jason's arms looking up at him. "Breathe, baby," he teases, using a pet name purposely. I let out a sigh, smiling at my mate, "You aren't what I thought." He frowns, "What'd you think?"

I walk over to my bed, and he follows. I grab his hand tightly, "I thought you were the evil alpha of The Dark Moon Pack." He twitches, "Well, thank god that's not your impression anymore." "Thank god," I agree.

"Can we go to my apartment?" I ask, looking at him with caution. "You don't live here in the pack house?" He questions, raising an eyebrow. I shake my head, "No, I live in the city with three roommates." He grimaces, "The protective friends.. They're your roommates." I nod. He frowns, and I scramble to come up with a reason to go.

"If we go to my apartment tonight, we can go back to your pack tomorrow," I compromise. My father would be proud. My mate grins at the idea, then corrects me, "OUR pack." I roll my eyes, "I'm sure."

Jason puts his arm around me, and pulls me close. It feels awkward, and I realize I'm not used to affection from anyone except Kristen. I cough, "We should go. It's already five, and I want to get back to my apartment." He nods, grabbing my hand as we stand.

We walk downstairs and my mom looks at us curiously, "I thought it was nap time?" I shake my head, "We're going to my apartment and then we'll head to Jason's pack." She smiles, "Okay, give me hugs!"

I go to hug her, and she pulls me to her, "I'm so proud of you, Lucinda." "Thanks, Ma," I respond. I then hug my father, "Love you guys." My mom hugs Jason, and my father shakes his hand. I grab ahold of my mate's hand, leading him out of the house. "Bye!" I yell, closing the door behind Jason and I.

I pull Jason to my car, refusing to let him drive. "Luce, let me drive." "No! This is my car, Jason!" He grins, and I roll my eyes, "What?" "You called me Jason instead of Alpha." I roll my eyes again, "Whatever. Get in the passenger seat." He surprising follows my orders, still grinning like a mad man. This was going to be a long ride.