Chapter Ten

(Picture of Sebastian above)

"HOW MANY TIMES ARE WE GOING TO ARGUE OVER THIS?" I scream, pulling my hands through my tangled hair. My mate rolls his eyes, grabbing my hand roughly, "Luce, you are so stubborn." I pull away from him, "Get away from me!" Jason persists anyways, backing me into the wall, "You are mine. That's the end of the discussion." I slap his arm, "Jason, I'm my own person. You're freaking possessive, and I cannot stand it."

Jason growls lowly, and I growl back, "Don't you dare pull that shit on me!" He punches the wall, creating a huge dent. I chuckle loudly, "Oh great job, Jason! Congratulations, you've beat up the wall! Do you want me to make you a trophy? The plate can read 'biggest asshole of them all', and then you can fix the fucking wall."

A knock on the door interrupts our fight. Jason opens the door to reveal a worried Sebastian, "What was that noise? Are you two okay?" I smile mockingly, "We're great! Your alpha just decided to punch a hole in the wall.." Sebastian rolls his eyes, "Dude, what are you, ten?" My mate growls at his beta, and I giggle. Someone agrees with me.

Jason throws his hands up in the air, "Oh my god, I can't do anything right, can I?" He throws me a frustrated glare, and I grin widely at him. It seems I've won the argument, again. I don't know why Jason had to make it a constant debate.

Sebastian crosses his arms over his chest, "Luna, some friends left you a message on the office phone." I smile at him, "Thank you, Sebastian." I exit the room, flipping Jason off. I hear a sigh, but dismiss it, heading to the bottom floor.

I had been here for about a week now, and I loved the pack. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. Jason and I were getting along fairly well, until this morning's argument. I was sick of his bullshit, but honestly I knew how much of a bitch I was to him. I couldn't help it. He gets me so worked up.

I enter the office, walking to the phone. I smile, listening to a ridiculous message from my roommates. I call back instantly, and a joyful Kristen answers the phone, "Lucy, how are you?" I let out an annoyed sigh. She chuckles, "Is Alpha Asshole pitching fits and picking fights?" I slam my fist down on the desk, "Yes, exactly. He won't stop the possessive crap. I miss you guys." "Guess what?" She says, and I can practically see her smirking. "What?" She screams into my ear, "Listen for the doorbell!" Then she hangs up.

I scrunch my face up in confusion. The doorbell rings, and I gasp, running down the stairs. I throw the door open to reveal a smirking Kristen. I throw myself at her, squeezing her tightly.

"I can't believe it!" I exclaim, grinning at my best friend. She smiles at me, looking distracted. "Are you okay?" I ask, watching her wandering eyes. "What's that smell?" She questions, walking around the room.

I hear laughing, and watch as Jason and Sebastian descend the staircase. Jason looks cheered up, and as soon as they're down the stairs, he walks over to me. Sebastian pauses, sniffing the air. "Holy shit," I say, watching my best friend look into the eyes of her mate.

Sebastian and Kristen lock eyes, staring intensely at each other. "Mine," Sebastian whispers. Kristen's face changes into one of pure panic. She throws off her heels, running back out the door. Sebastian growls, What the hell?"

I start laughing, "Same reaction as me." Sebastian sighs, "Great, she's gonna be a handful, like you." I gape at him, "I am not a handful!" My mate smirks at me, "Babe, you are." I snarl at him, "Do not talk to me. I'm mad at you. I'm going to find Kristen. We'll be back soon."

I storm out of the pack house, in search of my best friend. Her car is still parked in the driveway, so she couldn't have gone far. "Kristen!" I yell, walking into the woods. I hear sobbing, and follow the noise. A terrified Kristen lies on the floor of the woods. I sit next to her, pulling her into my arms, "It's okay, sweetie. This is a good thing. Sebastian is great, really. He's the beta of the pack, and he's a damn good one. He's a darling, I promise. Plus, now you get to move in and we'll live together again. I know you're scared, but I'm here, now and always."

She smiles at me, "We get to live together again." I grin, "Yes, we do. Now, let's get you back to the pack house. You don't have to talk to your mate until you're ready, but at least come up to my room with me." She nods, standing slowly. I grab her hand, leading her back to the house. This would be a good thing, I think.