Hostage by Vampires Chapter 5

Chapter 5

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I took my time getting to physics the next morning. I tried to stay calm but every noise in the hallway made me jump. The stalling and worrying ended up not being necessary, Gaven wasn't there, in fact he didn't show up all day. Maybe he was going to leave me be.

Jeremy had his first Basketball game tonight. We were winning 10-0. Not feeling threatened any longer; I went outside for some fresh air. The night air felt cool against my skin. I looked up into the starry sky and a sudden flush of uneasiness came over me, I ignored it.

"Big mistake on your part sweetie." I spun around to see Gaven blocking the entrance back into the school. Without thinking I turned and ran into the woods. An even bigger mistake.

I kept running until I could barely see what was in front of me. I stopped to try and figure out where I was. It's dark, so dark. The trees are so thick they block the light from the moon. What am I doing in the forest? How stupid could I be? I took a step back and bumped into something cold and hard. I slowly turned my head, a tombstone. I must be in the cemetery. Weird, this kinda feels like dejavou.

I screamed as a white blur flickered in the corner of my eye. What the hell was that. I whirled around as I felt a cold breeze behind me. Nothing. The hairs on the back of my neck rose as I felt a wintry breath on the back of my neck. This was my dream from the other night.

'This isn't happening' I thought to myself as I closed my eyes tightly. I turned around and very slowly opened my eyes...Gaven.

His chest was at the most 2 inches from my face. I looked up and met his eyes.

"I'm a little surprised you ran into the forest. It wasn't very smart you know." Gaven said with a mocking grin on his face.

I tried but couldn't bring myself to speak. I was terrified. My brave front was gone now. This was it; this is where my life ends.

Finally I found my courage and glared into his cold green eyes. "Kill. Me." I spoke each word slowly and with venom. "Just do it. Stop torturing me."

Shock covered his face. Was he surprised by how easily I accepted death? "I told you I don't kill humans." He said.

"So then what are you going to do with me?" I asked shivering from being so close to him.

"That's up to you. First I have to get you back to my place then you can decide your fate." He said as he swooped me up in arms. I froze. Partly due to the surprise and the other part was due to the fact that his skin was ice cold.

I didn't have time to object because the next thing I knew we were speeding through the forest. I buried my face in his chest. The wind rushing past my face stung. It was only seconds and then we came to a halt in front of the mesmerizing brick house. This was the last place I wanted to be.

Gaven cradled me in his arms, I shivered and he pulled me closer to his chest. Like that was gonna help I thought sarcastically to myself. I saw the corner of his lips twitch. Right he can hear me. He carried me until we were in the main room which he then let my legs down so I could stand but still kept one arm around my waist.

I looked around, we weren't alone. There were three other men in the room; I recognized them from Friday night. My eyes drifted to Chase and I shuddered, remembering what I had witnessed the last time I was here. Chase was leaning against the opposite wall, glaring at me. What was his problem?

Hearing my thoughts, Gaven answered my question. "He is upset that he got in trouble for leaving you alone."

"I told her to wait; I don't know why she had to go snooping around." Chase said still glaring at me. "It's her own fault she is in this mess. Lets just kill her and then we won't have to leave."

"We don't kill humans Chase." Said a low monotone voice from behind me. A tall pale man swept passed me. Gaven held me tighter as I cringed away from this strange man; he was the only security I felt here.

"Rachel this is our father, Autin." Gaven said, not looking down at me.

"Rachel as I'm sure Gaven has explained we cannot let you leave, but you do have the option to become one of us." Autin said with a warm smile.

I stared around the room at the five vampires. They were all looking at me waiting for my answer. "Ha ha ha" I start laughing. "You're kidding right?" I say meeting Autin's eyes.

I stop laughing and say with a serious tone. "Kill me. Just kill me. I would rather be dead then like you."

I waited for Autin's response. His face held no emotion. Then unexpectedly, he smiled. Turning to Gaven he says, "You were right she is quite brave."

Looking back at me he says, "Very well, you will be a donor until you change your mind."

"Not likely." I glared back at him. He just smiled towards my hostility.

He looked from me to Gaven's arm around my waist and then back to me. With a knowing smile said. "We'll see." He then turned and started down the dark hall.

The room was dead silent. The remaining four vampires were staring at me. "Okay guys let's finishing getting ready we leave in an hour." Gaven said.

"How about we feed first." Chase said as he looked at me hungrily.

I gasped and tried to run but Gaven still had me around the waist. "Stay the fuck away from me!" I shouted at him. He just laughed.

"Chase give her a break, she needs time to adjust." Gaven said as he pulled me towards the dark hallway.

I tried to resist, I didn't want to go down there. I knew what happened in these rooms.

"I'm not going to hurt you Rachel. I just need to finish packing and there is no way I'm taking my eyes off of you." Gaven said smiling at me.

"Please, please I don't want this." I whispered to him, tears stinging my eyes. I held them back, I wouldn't cry in front of these parasites.

We stopped walking. Gaven looked down at me with a pained expression. Is he going to let me go?

"It's going to be okay. Just stay by me, I don't quite trust Chase." He looked like he was in thought as he said this.

We entered the last door on the right. It wasn't what I expected. It looked like an ordinary teenager's room. The walls were light brown. There was a king sized bed with a green comforter. The green was almost the same green as his eyes. I walked over and sat on the bed, I could barely stand, my legs were shaking uncontrollably.

Gaven went into a back room and came back with a bag of chips and a coke. He sat on the bed in front of me. "Sorry we don't have much for food here since we don't eat." He opened the can and held it out for me. I didn't take it. I just stared at him.

"Gaven, you need to let me go. I have a family. You can't expect me to leave them." I said in a calm voice.

He ignored me, stood and continued with his packing. What am I going to do?

I watched Gaven pack and even munched on a few chips, I was starved, I hadn't eaten much over the past few days. It's hard to eat when you are trying to avoid vampires. Just then Gaven's door opens, Autin. "Let's go." He says to Gaven.

Gaven grabs my hand and leads me down the hall. We step out the front door and I see Chase putting suitcases into a black SUV with tinted windows. Gaven starts pulling me towards the vehicle and that's when it hits me. They are going to kidnap me. I try pulling away, "Let me go! You can't do this! This is kidnapping!" I scream at him. I can't break away, he is too strong. I start beating on his chest with my free hand.

"I am not going to listen to her screaming the whole way." I hear Chase say from behind as a wet cloth covers my mouth. Everything starts getting fuzzy. Crap they drugged me. The last thing I saw before blacking out was Gaven's eyes, they looked almost sad.

I was being held hostage....by vampires.