Hostage by Vampires Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Would they leave me alone? They couldn't possibly know what I had seen last night. Maybe they will just assume I got bored and walked out. I could only hope. Still I didn't want to walk to school, even with Jeremy I still didn't feel safe. I begged Mom to drive us, telling her I just didn't have the energy to walk this morning. After a few minutes of arguing she finally caved and agreed.

I was stalling outside my first class. I was afraid to enter and see Gaven sitting there. What would he say? Could I play off the clueless act? Well, here goes. I walked through the door keeping my eyes on the floor ahead of me. Sitting down in my seat I didn't once look at him but I could feel his eyes on me. Those piercing green eyes. He knows I know.

Finally the longest fifty minutes of my life ended. I just sat there hoping he would get up and leave, leave me alone. No luck.

"Sorry I was late last night." I heard him say from behind me.

"No biggy." I said as I stood up, still not meeting his eyes.

"Look at me" He said softly.

I didn't. I couldn't. I was too scared.

"Look at me" He said more intensely.

I gave in, afraid of what would happen if I didn't. I looked into his eyes and found myself trapped. I couldn't turn away, I tried. I started to feel dizzy, and then he looked away and I was free.

"Meet me outside after school we need to talk." Gaven said. It sounded more like he was ordering me then requesting.

"My mom is picking me up today, sorry." I said as I grabbed my things and rushed out the door.

I lied. She wouldn't be picking me up but there was no way I would be alone with him.

The day went by quick. I was dreading the walk home. I was terrified. As I stepped out into the parking lot I saw Gaven. Crap. He started towards me. What do I do!

"Want some company till your mom gets here?" He asked.

"She should be here soon." I responded staring at the ground afraid to look into his eyes again.

Gaven leaned in and whispered into my ear. "I know what you saw last night."

"I don't know what your talking about." I said firmly.

"Yes you do. So we have a bit of a dilemma now don't we?" He whispered again.

"I haven't said anything to anyone and I won't so just leave me be." I replied, my voice sounding braver then I felt.

"I would love nothing more but you still can't be trusted, you have seen too much." He whispered.

"So what then, are you going to kill me?" I asked. Where the hell did all this bravery come from? I am calmly discussing my death with a Vampire.

"No, our family doesn't kill. But it's too risky for us to let you go, knowing what you know." He said. "I know your mom isn't coming to get you, let's go." Gaven grabbed me by the arm and started pulling me towards the woods.

"I will scream." I said

"What's the point; you know how this is going to end." He said as ushered me away.

"Hey Rachel wait up!" Was that Jeremy? Yes, yes it was. If only I could tell him how grateful I was.

As Jeremy started towards us I felt Gaven release his grip. "Don't think your getting out of this that easily. I'll see you soon you can count on it."

"Hey who was that?" Jeremy asked when he caught up to me.

"Just a friend. So what happened to practice?" I asked not caring just thankful he was here.