Hostage by Vampires Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Chase leaned back against the closet door. "My family was attacked by vampires. Gabriel, my sister and I were the only ones who survived. We were turned and left there to try and adjust to this new lifestyle. Autin found us and brought us back here." Chase paused, he sighed as he turned to look at me. "Gabriel hated what she had become. She wouldn't drink blood or speak to any of us, including me, her own brother. When the Elders came they weren't convinced that she could handle being a vampire without exploiting what we are to the humans.....so they killed her."

Chase's face held no emotion. He wasn't even looking at me anymore; it was like he was looking through me. After a few minutes of the awkward silence he spoke again. "I wont be around tonight, as Im sure you can understand why. I just wanted to warn you that if you give them a reason to doubt your loyalty to our kind they wont hesitate to eliminate you. Like I said, I really don't care about you but Gaven does so...just don't get yourself killed."

Chase walked out of the closet only to return a few seconds later with a jug of red liquid. "Drink up, the more blood in your system the better your chances will be tonight." Chase handed me the jug and walked out again. "Good luck."

I looked at the jug still trying to digest everything Chase just told me. I lifted the jug to my lips and was about to start drinking when I remembered the first thing Chase said, "Gaven is like a brother to me and he cares for you."

Oh my god. There is no way Gaven cares for me. I pushed the thought from my mind as I chugged to mouthwatering beverage.

I glanced one last time in the mirror before heading downstairs. I had on a deep green strapless dress that clung to my body. My dark hair was pulled up with a few loose curls hanging out. All I had applied for makeup was eyeliner, mascara and blush-lots of blush, I looked too pale.

As I hurried out of my room I bumped into Gaven. "Wow, slow down." He said as he steadied me. "Whats the rush?"

"I just want this done and over with." I said. I was a little nervous after hearing Chases story.

"It will be fine, just....." Gaven paused, "cling to me."

"Huh?" I asked looking up at him.

"If they see that you are attached to one of us they will see you trust vampires and wont have a reason to doubt you." Gaven said smiling as he grabbed my hand with his.

As Gaven and I entered the dinning room I noticed new faces. I could tell the Elders apart from the younger vampires. There skin looked frail and almost translucent. Their eyes seemed hollow and lifeless. As I continued to study their features my eyes swept over another new face.

"Dad?" I gasped.

I know it's a short chapter and I am so so so sorry. The next one will be longer I promise. I wont get a chance to upload until this weekend. Thanks to everyone who has followed this story I hope you have enjoyed it and please comment...it's the only way I know if the story is any good. ;)