Hostage by Vampires Chapter 14

Chapter 14

This wasn't possible my father was dead.

"Your dead!" I shouted at him in a frantic tone. "You died in a car accident 3 years ago." I took a shaky step back. "I saw your body. I saw your body in the coffin."

I was freaking out. This couldn't be happening.

I tried to turn and run but a firm grip around my waist kept me there. I look over to see Gaven with his arms around me. His face was emotionless but his eyes were full of concern.

"Rachel I know this is shocking but if you sit down I will explain everything." My father said. His voice was different then I remembered. His was pale and he didn't look any older then he has 3 years ago. I doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out-vampire.

I could feel my breath quicken, I started gasping in mouthfuls of air. Everything started to get fuzzy. I felt Gavens arms tighten around me as my legs gave way and I blacked out.

I woke to Gaven lying next to me. He was asleep. He looked so peaceful and at ease. I looked around, this wasn't my room. I tried to slide off the bed without waking Gaven but I barely moved an inch when his strong arms wrapped themselves around my waist and pulled me tightly to his bare chest.

"Your not going anywhere." He said with a sexy smirk playing on his lips.

"Where am I?" I asked as I relaxed into him. I knew it was pointless to try and break free from his iron grip.

"My room." He said, snuggling his head into the crook of my neck.

"Why?"

"Don't you remember last night?" Looking at me with concern.

All at once everything from the night before came rushing back to me. "He's a vampire?" I said more to myself but Gaven still responded.

"Yes, he has been for the past 3 years."

"How?" I asked trying to absorb the fact that my father was here and not buried under a stone.

"I think he should explain the rest." Gaven said as he held me close.

"I don't want to see him...I..I need some fresh air." I stuttered.

"Okay let's go for a walk out back." Gaven suggested.

"Thanks " I smiled.

As we walked out the back door I was surrounded by hundreds of flowers. "This is beautiful. " I exclaimed.

"I hoped you'd like it."

"Gaven I'm a little thirty." I said bashfully.

"Okay stay right here I will be back." Gaven said as he vanished into the house.

Now was my chance.

I ran as fast as I could, which was pretty fast thanks to my vampire speed. I had to get away from all of this. It was becoming too much. I get kidnapped, turned, find out my father is a vampire, and to make life even more complicated; I think Im acquiring feelings for a vampire.

I'm outta here.