Chapter 16: Good Or Evil

The crowd went very silent for a minute after hearing what Mal had to say. She was still looking around at everyone who was still scared or in shock. I was still pinned down by the arms but I wasn't crying that much anymore, instead I was surprised at what Mal had to say. Ben then said to Mal "You are good!" But Mal shouted out at Ben "How do you know that?!" He then paused for a second and said "Because, I'm listening to my heart!" There was still a large silence going on around the building. I just stood there still with the blade pointed at my throat, until Mal lowered her hand and dropped the blade on the floor looking guilty. I then immediately looked at her in a surprising way because for a second I thought she would have killed me by now. "I want to listen to my heart too.", said Mal who lowered the wand in her hands and then turned to her friends and me. I saw her face and it looked like she was crying and she was. "And my heart is telling me we are not our parents.", she said to her friends who were looking at each other. She then looked at Jay and said "I mean stealing doesn't make you happy. Tourney and victory pizza with the team makes you happy." Jay just stood there but he then immediately started smiling. Mal then turned to Carlos and said "And you, if scratching Dude's belly makes you happy then who would've thought." Carlos then let out a giggle which made me happy. Mal then finally turned to Evie who looked like she was already crying. "And Evie, you don't half to play dumb to get a guy. You are so smart.", said Mal who started making Evie cry tears of joy. Just as she said that, Carlos and Jay then let go of my arms and I was finally free. Mal then turned at all her friends again and said "And I don't want to take over the world because that does not make me happy. I want to go to school and be with Ben. Because Ben makes me so happy!" There was a loud "Aww" going around the the room. I then immediately started to cry again but I was so happy for Mal and how she really felt inside her heart. "Us being friends really makes me happy.", Mal said to her friends again. I then said to Mal "Well Mal if you really mean all of this, which path will you choose?" She then smiled at me and said "I choose good, you guys." As she said that she put out her arm straight and made her hand into a fist, clearly she wanted her friends to fist pump her if they agree with her. Everyone was starring at Vk's in shock because this was the biggest decision they ever made. I just stood there still crying happily and then turned to the Vk's as I saw Jay put his fist next to Mal's. Then Evie put her fist in as well, but for Carlos he didn't know what to do. "So just to be clear, we don't need to worry about our parents being mad at us for failing them all? Because they're going to be really mad.", said Carlos who was making everyone laugh. But Ben then came up to them and said "Your parents can't reach you from here." Carlos then immediately put his fist in with the others and smiled. I then quickly put my fist in the circle too and said "And I promise if you guys need any help learning how to be good, I'll be there to help you all no matter what." I then immediately turned to the crowd and said "And even though I haven't been myself lately and had my eyes on the Vk's for a while, that doesn't mean I have forgotten all about Auradon. I still love this school and everyone in it. And like I promised the Vk's I also promise to make time for all my friends in Auradon prep too, especially to my family as well." The crowd then clapped for me and I saw my family clapping for me as well. "So I choose good too!", I said as the Vk's all smiled at me. But Mal was looking at Ben and telling him to put his fist in too. Ben then finally put his fist the circle and the crowd cheered for us one more time and clapped. As I saw Mal laying her head on Ben's shoulder I immediately turned to Jay who was looking at me. I then turned to him and said "Jay, I'm sorry for what happened yesterday, but I have been thinking lately that maybe we should just be friends and get to know each other again." Jay then smiled at me and said "I like that a lot. And I'v been thinking the same thing as well. But I'm mostly sorry for what happened yesterday too." I then immediately smiled at him and said "Apology accepted!" As everyone was still looking at all of us I then turned to my family and was running to hug them. Once I got to my family I hugged and kissed my mom, dad, and my brother; they were just so proud of me for standing up at everyone. I then thought to myself that this was going to be a good ending, and it was when I go find Jim in the crowd and jump into his arms and kiss him. I then saw him running towards me, but as he did something was happening. The coronation building was shaking like if there was an earthquake and everyone was panicking again. I held Jim in my arms in fright next to my family and I saw from the large whole in the roof a foggy cloud of green smoke coming down. Once it was down the smoke cleared away and someone was standing on the stage when the smoke was gone, it was Maleficent. She looked very different then what she looked like in the past. She had large black horns, grey eyes just like Mal had, she had on a dark purple lipstick on her lips, she wore black robes that looked like they were fit for an evil ruler, she had on black shoes, and she also had her scepter in her hands. I was frightened a lot because I didn't know why Mal's mother was here. Maybe it was when Jane cast a spell with the wand and since it was so powerful it must have hit the invisible barrier guarding the isle from any villains escaping. And maybe that's how Maleficent escaped after the magic of the wand destroyed the barrier. She spoke finally and yelled out "I'm Back!" I was still in Jim's arms and I was still next to my family to make sure they were fine. I then saw Mal looking at her mother and said "Go away, mother!" Maleficent then let out an evil laugh and said to her daughter "Your really funny! Here. Wand me. chop, chop! I then shouted out at Mal "Don't do it!" Mal then threw the wand to the Fairy Godmother and luckily she caught it. She then waved the wand back in forth and said "Bippity Boppity-" But as she was about to say the spell Maleficent cut her off and raised her scepter up to the ceiling about to cast a spell. "No!", I shouted as I got out of Jim's arms and waved my hands around and got out my magic to make a shield around everyone; but it was already too late. Turns out Maleficent shot out a spell to freeze everyone, especially my family. The only people not frozen like a statue was just me and the Vk's. "No! My family and friends, Jim!", I said as I was looking around at everyone around in the room. All my cousins, friends, aunts and uncles were all still like statues, I saw my parents and brother still like statues as well which made me cry, and I even saw Jim in a statue form that looked like he was trying to hug me. I immediately burst into tears and ran to the Vk's, luckily they weren't frozen. "Genesis, are you ok? How are you not frozen?", said Mal as I was in her arms still crying. I then explained to her how I have magic to protect me and how I got it. With that being said I was looking at Maleficent as she was going around people and making jokes about them. I then went back into Mal's arms still crying and said to myself "This isn't over yet, she is not going to get away with this."