Chapter 10: A Sweet Taste Of Evil

Back On The Field
The evening was coming quickly, and we already finished tourney practice with Carlos. Now he's ready for the big game tomorrow. As I was leaving the tourney field, I saw that Jay was sitting on the bleachers looking bored. I went straight to him to see if he was ok. "Hey Jay, what's up?", I said to him as he lifted his head from reading a book he had in his hand. He was reading the tourney handbook, must've been something the coach said he would give him later. "Nothing much, just reading the handbook that the coach gave me.", said Jay as I sat down next to him. I still couldn't believe that I was actually talking to a Vk, without having any revenge or harm to lay upon me. "You know, it's really nice of you join the team. Auradon needs someone like you. Most of the players on the team are mostly just royal princes.", I said to Jay which made him smile. "Oh I'm sure they be like, *British Accent* "Oh pardon me, good sir. After you, old chap. Why not enjoy some tea and crumpets after the game?", said Jay which made me laugh a lot. After making me giggle, I then said to him "Jay look, I know you don't have any kinds of sports on the isle. But tourney is serious business. You and the team need to work together. You see, a team is like a family." "You do not want to be at my house at dinner.", he said which made me laugh again. "Haha! No Jay, what I mean is... Let's put this in a different example. A team is... Like a body! You got the arms, the legs, the feet, and the brain. All of those parts need to work together in order to work. You get it now?", I said to Jay which made him think on what I was talking about. He then said "Can I be the fist?" This made me laugh at him, so I said "Hahahaha!!! Sure! It's any body part that you want to be." He then looked at me in a weird way. I felt so awkward after I saying that, but it made me and him laugh. Jay then said to me "Heh! You must know a lot about sports, huh? You must have a boyfriend on tourney that tells you all these things, do ya?" I then blush a bit at Jay and said "No, I'm actually single. Even though I have many crushes at this school, I-" I then stopped and looked into Jay's eyes. I never seen such beautiful sparkly brown eyes in my entire life. He then looked at my eyes too. As we were both staring at each other's eyes, I said "I'm not in... Jay, I don't think you know this, but... I-" As we were moving closer and closer, Coach Jankins came up and said "Jay! There you are, I'm here to see if you read the book. Genesis, what are you doing here?" Me and Jay acted normal again. I then said "Oh! I was just seeing how Jay was doing with the book. I even told him that a team needs to work together while playing. Uh! Speaking of playing, I need to leave now. I need to get ready for the big game tomorrow. Good day, Coach Jankins. And... Bye Jay!" I then said "bye" to the coach and to Jay, and ran straight to my dorm. I couldn't believe that I felt something when I looked into Jay's eyes. Maybe it was a mistake, or maybe not. As I was heading to the second floor, I saw Jane walking pass me with something new about her. Her hair was long and was in a brad. "Hi Jane, nice hair! Who did it?", I asked her. "Thanks! The new Vk, Mal, did it for me. She even did Lonnie's hair too.", Jane said back to me. Looks like Audrey was wrong, the Vks can be trusted after all. Once I got to my dorm, I knocked into someone and fell on the floor. It was Jim. "Oh Genesis, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to push you down, I came to find you so we can talk.", he said as he helped me up. When I got up, I slipped into his arms and it looked like we were hugging. We both then looked at each other and started blushing. But I got up and said "Don't worry, I'm ok. Anyway, what you came to ask me?" As Jim was about to talk to me, he sounded like he was nervous. "Well... You and me been knowing each other for a long time now, and.... I was wondering... Maybe, if you....... Like to got on a date with me?...On the following day after the game tomorrow?....", he said. I looked at Jim for a second, dropped my book bag, and said "Yes, I love to! That sounds really nice. I would love to go on a date with you on the following day after the game tomorrow." Jim then smiled at me and said "Great! I'll see you tomorrow for the game, and I'll also see you on our date after the day of the game." Jim then waved "bye" at me and walked away. I ran inside myself dorm and screamed in happiness. I finally got my first date in my life. As I was thinking about how me and Jim's date would go, I've just remembered that I had still do my homework. I took out my books and started writing down answers.
Later That Night...
It was already eight o'clock at night, and I was already in my pajamas. I finished my homework at five o'clock, and ate dinner at seven o'clock. Now I can do whatever I want, since tomorrow is the game and there is no classes. As I was chilling on my bed, reading a book, I heard my door knocking. As the door opened, it was Ben. "Hey Genesis, I just came up to see if you were alright. I already got a reply from your family, and they are coming on the day before the coronation.", he said to me as he walked into my room and sat on my bed. I put down my book and said "Oh ok, thanks. And no, I'm fine. Anyway, how are the Vks so far?" "Well I went to Mal's dorm to see how was she, and she asked me about how she can stand up front with her friends at coronation day.", said Ben. I then said "And what did you say?" Ben then clapped his hands together and said "I told her that I wish she could. But you know up there, it's just me, you and your family, my family, and Audrey." "Ben, do you think you really belong with Audrey? Because you have been talking to Mal lately ever since the day she got here.", I said to Ben which made him look at me like he didn't know what I was talking about. "Genesis, just because you see me with another girl doesn't mean-", said Ben before he could finish his sentence. I then said "You're in love?" Ben didn't know what else to say to me, so he instead said "On second thought, I need to head to bed. I need to get ready for the game tomorrow. Good night." He kissed my head and left the room. When I saw him leave, I was laughing a bit. I knew he was hiding something. And speaking of Mal, I wanted to see how she and the others were doing. I left my room and ran straight to their dorm, but they weren't there. While thinking about where can they be, my stomach was rumbling, and I was still hungry. I ran straight to the school's kitchen to see what I can find to eat.
In The Kitchen
When I opened the door, I saw that the Vks were in the kitchen. "Hey guys, I was wondering where were you. Oh! And Mal, I loved what you did to Jane and Lonnie's hair. You should start doing more magic hair spells in Auradon more often. All of the girls here might like it.", I said to Mal. She was staring at me with a creepy smile, even Evie and the boys. "Oh really?", Mal said to me in a weird way. As I saw them all looking at me, I saw that Mal was stirring something in a large bowl, it was a bowl of cookie dough. "Oh! Midnight snack, huh? Me too, what you guys baking?", I asked Mal. She then looked at Evie and said "Just something special, like, you know, cookies-" But before I could let Mal finish her sentence, I put my finger in the dough and tasted it. Which made everyone say "No!" I looked at everyone a little scared, because I thought there was something wrong. "What?! What's wrong? I'm not going to double dip.", I said to everyone. "Do you, feel anything? Yeah, maybe like you're forgetting something?", said Mal and Evie who were looking at me weird and nervous. "No, why?", I asked while now looking worried a bit like them. As all of them were still looking at me, Jay walked up to me and said "Hey there." I didn't know if I should be either happy or creeped out by him, because he was looking at me with a handsome yet weird smile. The only thing I did was just stand still and let out a tiny smile. "Hmm, your dough can use some chips.", I said as I walked to the refrigerator. Leaving Jay to himself. "And those are?", Mal asked as I walked up with a small bowl of chocolate chips. I poured a handful of them into the mix. "Just the most best sweets in my food group. Taste good and so delicious.", I said to Mal as I put some chocolate chips in my mouth. I then said "Wait, didn't your moms ever made cookies for you guys back on the isle? Like when your feeling sad. And, she just makes you a big batch of freshly baked chocolate cookies with a large glass of milk. And, she just makes you laugh and-" But as I was talking, I saw that everyone was so quiet now, and they all looked so sad. I felt like I said something bad, even though I didn't say anything mean. "Guys, what's wrong? Why are you all looking at me like that?", I asked them all. "Just different to where we're from.", said Mal as she was stirring the dough and still looking depressed. I then looked at all of them again and said "Well.. Yeah, I know that, but I know that your parents still love you. Even villains love their kids, right?" This brought everyone to a sudden silence, and everyone now looked very sad. This made me cry and say to all of them "Oh. How awful, I'm so sorry." I held Mal's hand as more tears went down my face. But Mal looked up at me for some reason. She put her finger on my left cheek and took one of my tears. She then put it in the dough for some weird reason. "Uh, yeah! Big bummer, but we need to get these cookies into the oven! So thank you for stopping by, and see you tomorrow! Good night and evil dreams!", said Mal as she turned back to her normal self with everyone else. She then escorted me out the door and said "good night" to me. "Well, ok. Good night, everyone.", I said as I closed the kitchen door and went back to my dorm.
Back In My Dorm
Once I got back to my dorm, I headed straight to sleep. I wasn't hungry anymore, but still felt sorry for the Vks. Because they have horrible parents that don't even care for them. "I want to try to do something for them to make them feel more happy here, but what?", I said as I quickly fell straight asleep, forgetting about what was the question I have asked to myself.