Chapter 2: A Magical Birthday

The Next Morning...
The next morning I woke up at around six o'clock to get myself ready for today. My mom came into my room to wake me up, say "happy birthday" to me, and told me to get ready. "Time to get up now, sweetheart. We have a big day planned for you today.", she said as she left the room and closed the door. After finally getting myself out of bed, I went to my closet and got myself dressed. I wore a white knee high dress with black pants to match my black shoes, a little bit of blush and eye liner for my makeover on my face, and I had my hair down straight so I can be able to put on my jewel crusted white diamond headband to go with my dress.

After ten minutes of getting myself dressed, I went to my vanity and saw myself in the mirror

After ten minutes of getting myself dressed, I went to my vanity and saw myself in the mirror. I spin around a few times to see how I looked from the front to the back. "Well, I'm no princess in real life. But I still looked good.", I said as I heard my dad telling me it's time to go. I grabbed my purse and went to the living room to meet up with my parents and brother. As they all said "happy birthday" to me, we all went out to the car. I still remembered that my parents said they have a surprise for me for my birthday today. The only question is, what is it? As I was sitting in the back seat of the car with my brother, my mom and dad turned to me from the front and told me my surprise. "Genesis, we are going to Disneyland for your birthday today! Isn't that exciting?", my dad said as he started the car and was finally on the road. I screamed with happiness, I loved Disneyland ever since I was a little girl. Every time I'v been there, I would always imagine myself as the princess of that place. Even when it's not my birthday, I still liked to pretend. During the whole car ride, I have been imagining myself as a princess in my own kingdom. But that was until me and my family stopped first to get breakfast. After having some red velvet pancakes with cream cheese frosting and a glass of chocolate milk, it was time for all of us to head back on the road. After two hours of driving, we finally made it. I felt like I wanted to scream my head off if I didn't got out of the car. When we got to the gate of Disneyland, I saw the castle, I saw some characters out to greet the guest, beautiful performers getting ready to perform entertainment for everyone, street shoppers selling souvenirs, and I heard beautiful music that filled the air. "It so beautiful and loud today.", I said to my brother who agreed with me. When we all got in, we've spent most of our time riding on as many rides as we can, shopping in many stores where my mom bought me a blue jewel tiara for my birthday, and saw so many characters out to take pictures with. When it turned to twelve o'clock, my family took me to this character dining place in the park that they reserved for all four of us. It was "Goofy's Kitchen", which was my favorites restaurants. Once we got to our table, me and my brother were already heading to the buffet stands, and so were my parents. "I'm so happy I turned eleven today.", I said to myself as I walked back to the table with my tray of food. Most of the food I got were just different types of pizzas, fruits, and desserts. As I was still eating, I heard people singing the "Happy Birthday" song from far away, and then they finally came to our table. As they sung "happy birthday" to me, and so did my parents and brother, they handed me my cake. It was a chocolate cake with hot fudge and whip cream, which was one of my favorites. I said "thank you" to the waiters and picked up my spoon to dig into my cake. But as I touched the spoon, something strange just happened. The spoon color turned from a shiny shade silver, to a weird shiny shade of purple. "What the heck?!", I said in my head in fright. My mom saw me and was questioning me if I'm feeling well. And the answer was no. I hid the spoon under my napkin and asked my parents if I can be excused to go to the bathroom. I didn't know if I was going to be sick, shocked, or both. When my parents agreed for me to use the bathroom, I ran straight away, and none of them even notice the spoon under the napkin. I had to figure out how and why did my spoon turned purple, and how did it transformed when I touched it without feeling anything. Lucky I was alone in the bathroom to think.