Chapter 23: Preparing for battle.

Chapter 23: prepare for Battle

Chelbell2016:

Ok sorry it took me so long to update. I've had work.

*Daughter of Wolverine*

​​​​​​No ones POV:

Logan cannot take his mind off of Jean as he stands in front of Charlene and Charles graves. Was it really the woman he loved that killed Xavier.

"Logan!" He suddenly hears Jeans voice say inside his head. "Logan!"

Logan looks around in shock hoping to see her. He is alone Jean isn't here.

"Jean?" Logan whispers in confusion.

He begins to see images of where she is. She keeps telling in his head until he tells for her to stop. He knows what he wants to do. He wants.. no he needs to find Jean.

Logan glances back at the two gravestones side by side.

A few minutes later and he is packing a bag. He doesnt want to tell his daughter where he is going as one: she would not want him to help the woman who had caused the death of two of her family, and two: She is needed here. She was becoming more like her mother and uncle as time goes on.

As Logan continues to fill the bag he hopes there is still some part of the Jean Grey he knew in that woman who killed his ex and her brother.

He glances sideways at the door to see Storm enter the room.

"Where are you going?" She asks but it is clear to Logan that she knows.

"Where do you think?" He snaps at her.

"Shes gone Logan," Storm tries to reason with her stubborn friend. "She's not coming back."

"You don't know that," Logan says not giving up.

"She killed the professor and didn't do anything as someone killed the mother of your daughter" she reminds him her hands on her hips.

Logan closes his eyes for a second before opening them again.

"It wasn't Jean," he tries to tell Storm. "The Jean I know is still in there."

He walks towards the door but she blocks him.

"Listen," she says looking up at him.

"Get out of my way," he orders her in a no nonsense tone.

"Why can't you see the truth?" She asks him. "Why can't you just let her go?"

Logan looses his temper. He grips Storm by the arms and moves her out of his way. He has her right near the door now.

"Because... because," he hesitates at saying what he wants to say.

"Because you love her," Storm finishes for him.

Anyone who knew both Logan and Jean knew he had a thing for her from the moment he met her officially.

Logan sighs, shakes his head and turns back towards his bed. He holds his hand to his head but he cannot deny the truth in what Storm is saying. He sniffs.

Storm comes up behind Logan.

"She made her choice," Storm snaps angry at the way Logan is treating her. "Now it's time we make ours. So if you're with us. Then be with us. And don't forget about the seventeen year old girl that just became a woman to help look after the children of this school. You know your daughter... Claire. How do you think she would feel about this?"

Without waiting for an answer she leaves the room. Logan glances back but she is gone. He sighs and closes his eyes.

As he is leaving he is stopped by someone else. Claire!