Chapter 9: Do I know you?

Chelbell2016:

OK so someone new comes in. Can anyone guess who?

*Daughter of Wolverine*

Claire's POV:

I decide that I need to practice my powers. Ever since Liberty Island I have had a little bit of control problems. I go outside to a secluded area and I begin to practice.

First I attempt to slowly move things. I nearly end up smashing a window. I stop and sigh.

"Maybe I am not a Pegasus," I say to myself.

But then a unknown voice comes from behind me.

"Oh you are a Pegasus," I turn to see who spoke. "You just don't know how to control it."

A woman with Brown hair and about mid 30's stands in front of me. She smiles when I spot her.

"Do I know you?" I ask.

"Let's just say I'm a friend for now," she says.

I am a little reluctant. But there is something about her. I don't know what it is but it is telling me to trust her.

"What do you know about my powers?" I demand to know from her. "Come to think of it... how do you know me?"

She avoids answering.

"You want to try slow," she says. "Just move a bit of leaves or maybe a speck of dust off of your bedside table."

I just shake my head a little confused.

"Why are you trying to help me?" I ask her.

She sighs.

"I will tell you some day," she says to me. "But Wildcat, just trust me and only try small things for a few days. No levitation. Nothing else. Okay?"

"Claire," I hear a voice say.

I turn away from the woman and I see Rogue, Bobby and John walking towards me.

"Who were you talking to?" Rogue asks me.

Over the last week since my dad had left me and Rogue had gotten even closer. I had also spent some time with my uncle. He had told me stories of my mum.

"Just the woman over-" I cut off. As I turned around the woman who I had been talking to only seconds ago is gone. "Never mind. What's up?"

Bobby and Rogue share a look.

"Uh we just wanted to know if you fancied watching a movie?" Bobby asks when they have recovered.

I nod.

As we watch a movie I cannot help but wonder who that woman was. She looked a little familiar. She seemed to know of me or at least what I can do. Bobby and Rogue kept sending worried looks my way. Of course John didn't care. That guy is too arrogant for his own good.

That night after Rogue fell asleep. I practiced my powers. I just slightly moved a pen across my desk and it worked. Each and every time I tried the object was a little bigger.

By the end of the night she could lift her bed and set it back down very gently as to not wake rogue.

I don't know who that woman was. But she really helped me. I hope I see her again.

*Daughter of Wolverine*

Over the next few days had gotten control back over her telekineses. Now she wanted to try the levitation. She went outside and began to practice. Again it wasn't going so well.