Chapter 11: You're back!!

Chelbell2016:

OK another chapter. Hope you enjoy.

*Daughter of Wolverine*

Claire's POV:

I am sat outside. Ever since my nightmares started I have avoided contact with too many people. I am worried that the people closest to me are going to die. I decide to try what the my uncle says.

Pegasus shield. He told me I have both a physical and mental shield.

I try it with meditating. Just to try and let it flow. But it isn't going well. Once again I begin to think of Charlene. My mother. Se hasn't come to see me since the day that I found out.

I go inside to see both Bobby and Rogue having a thumb war.

"You're dead!!" Bobby says to Rogue.

She argues and then they begin to look like there gonna kiss. But of course Rogue is reluctant.

"I don't want to hurt you," she explains to her boyfriend.

Bobby shrugs in response. "I'm not afraid."

I walk over and smack one of the boys on the shoulder as he makes fun of the two. In my opinion it is hard enough for them without others making it worse.

Bobby leans forward to try again. But then we both turn as a familiar sound is heard. Could it be?

Claire runs out of the room. And there he is.

"Dad!!" I exclaim running forward and hugging him tightly. "You're back."

Rogue then appears also smiling.

"Logan!" She says also taking her turn at hugging him.

My dad smiles at the two of us. He had clearly missed us too.

"You missed me kid, Wildcat?" He asks us.

Me and Rogue share a look. We then shake our heads and say simultaneously. "Not really."

He just nods his head and makes a noise. I hug him again. I may have tried to hide it. But I really have missed him. He releases me and I see him look at the dark circles under my eyes.

"How you both doing?" He asks us both.

"OK," I say and he doesnt look like he believes me.

Rogue answers him the same way.

"Who's this?" Dad asks.

Both me and Rogue turn to see Bobby approaching us from behind.

"Oh, this is Bobby," Rogue explains as he gets to us. "He's my-"

Bobby finishes for her.

"I'm her boyfriend," he says before shaking my fathers hand. "Call me Iceman."

He makes my dads hand frost over. As dad pulls his hand back he stares at it.

"Right, boyfriend?" Dad realises something but doesnt want it to be awkward. "So how do you guys uh...?"

He pauses but they both know what he means.

"Well we're still working on that," Bobby says.

Storm walks down the stairs and spots dad. "Look who's come back. Just in time."

Dad doesnt like the sound of that.

"For what?" He asks her.

"We need a babysitter," she tells him.