One Last Second

Isabella and Ferb exited the school and immediately heard Phineas. Mainly because everyone had left for the day.

Phineas grabbed Isabella's hands and looked at her, worried.

"Where were you guys? I was scared something had happened. Are you ok?"

Isabella felt her nerve creep up on her but quickly calmed when Ferb placed a hand on her shoulder, giving her support.

"Phineas-"

"Wait, no! Are you guys dating?! No! No, no, no!"

Phineas shook Isabella violently until Ferb pushed him away. Phineas backed up and clutched his head in pain.

"It hurts!" He screamed.

Isabella stared in horror and stepped forward to comfort him.

"Phineas! It's ok! It'll be ok!"

She hugged him and he cried even harder.

"Please love me! Please! I could amazing! I love you so much!"

Isabella began to cry because she knew how he felt and how she would cry herself to sleep saying those exact words, thinking to herself that she was unlovable.

"I'm so sorry, Phineas-"

Phineas screamed and fell to the ground.

"Ferb! Help him!" Isabella cried as Phineas wailed louder.

Suddenly, his cries stopped and Isabella ran to catch Phineas before his head hit the concrete. She looked up and saw Ferb had hit his step-brother with a frying pan.

"What the heck, Ferb?!"

Ferb shrugged and pulled Phineas onto his back.

"Why do you even have a frying pan in your bag?! And you hit him! He could have a concussion!"

Isabella paced herself next to him, checking to see if Phineas had any bumps or visible injuries.

"He has seven years of heartbreak weight dumped on him. A concussion would hurt less."

Isabella stopped fussing and kept to herself, only allowing herself small glances towards Phineas.

He looked so peaceful as he slept and Isabella almost jumped when she felt that oh so familiar heart tug and let herself believe for even just a second that Phineas had liked her deep down, even if he didn't realize it.

When they got to the boys' room, Ferb set Phineas down on his bed and headed back downstairs when the doorbell rang.

He came back with Vanessa Doofenshmirtz and Isabella would've bet anyone that there was the slightest red tint on Ferb's cheeks. She recognized the signs of a crush. She smirked at him and he rolled his eyes but the red grew deeper. Isabella bit her cheek in excitement at the thought of Ferb liking someone and opening up to someone other than her and Phineas.

"Hey, Isabella. Heard you were Phineas for a while? What's that like? Was his dic-"

"Miss Doofenshmirtz!" Isabella exclaimed in embarrassment before Vanessa could continue.

"Aw, come on, just Vanessa is fine," Vanessa giggled.

Isabella glanced at Ferb and her eyes crinkled happily as he looked at Vanessa fondly.

I mean, it's kinda illegal but Isabella knew Ferb would wait till he could formally court her. (✌🏽)

"Ok, so I got your switchamaroo thing from my dad. Do your stuff, Fletcher," said Vanessa as she waved her hand around, mockingly.

Ferb snapped out of his trance and nodded. He took the Yomo729 from her and pointed it at Isabella and Phineas.

"I switched the settings so it'll only affect your brains. Or, well, your personalities and hearts. Are you ready?" Ferb asked.

Isabella's heart was racing faster and harder than it had ever had before. She was scared. Mostly due to the fact that she would again fall head over heels for a boy that she now knew could never love her how she wanted him to. She would torture herself with every small gesture, over-analyzing and scrutinizing it all and no amount of therapy or love advice forums could help her get over Phineas.

But as she looked at Phineas, she knew that he never be able to cope with her years of love for him. And even if she could finally escape herself, she would forever feel guilty if Phineas was never himself again. She couldn't deprive him of his future because of her strong emotions.

Isabella took one last second to enjoy her feeling of freedom and sighed. Finally, she glanced up at Ferb with a nervous smile.

"I'm ready,"

Hi sorry I've had this draft since the beginning of summer and just finished it today whOOPS also only one chapter left!!!