Lovesick

Isabella felt awful.

She had tried avoiding the Flynn-Fletcher brothers for the last week. It didn't help that she had almost every class with them.

She could feel Phineas looking at her but whenever she was brave enough to look back, he turned away. Isabella did her own share of staring, identifying every emotion his face conceived. He seemed happy whenever he looked away from her like he was in total bliss. Isabella understood that. She also understood the constant scribbling she could hear behind her. He was probably drawing little hearts or writing her love letters that he'd never give her.

When the bell rang, Isabella slung her book bag over her shoulder to go to her fourth period: Band. The only class the boys didn't have with her.

Isabella went to her locker to grab her flute and gasped as a flurry of flowers, red hearts, and paper cranes flew out of her locker. A little robot wheeled its way through crowds of students to get to her and presented her a giant teddy bear that held a heart with the words, I love you.

"Oh my fireside," Isabella muttered and quickly stuffed everything back in her locker, including the robot and teddy bear. Her face was red as she ran from her locker, embarrassed.

I never did this! Why, Phineas, whyyyyy

Isabella cringed to herself and could've sworn every laughter in the halls was directed at her.

The bell rang again as soon as she slipped into her seat next to Ginger.

Ginger noticed her obviously red face and asked, "Did something happen with Phineas?"

"Yea! He-"

Buford interrupted her and yelled across the room from the percussion section, "DID YOU LIKE PHINEAS' LOVE BEAR?!"

Everyone stopped and stared at Isabella. Isabella waited for them to laugh and was overwhelmed when everyone began to congratulate her. Everyone knew of her lifetime crush on the redhead and was happy of this sign that they might finally get together.

Ginger pounced on Isabella in excitement, almost dropping both of their flutes.

"What?! What'd he do?! When were you gonna tell me!"

Isabella stared at her in disbelief. This was embarrassing news to her!

"He stuffed my lockers with flowers-tulips, which may I remind you, I'm allergic to?- and also little scraps of red paper made to look like hearts-I'm pretty sure he was doing math homework on one of them- and paper cranes. They weren't even folded nicely! Oh! And get this! A creepy little robot comes up to me with this huge and cheesy teddy bear! It was embarrassing!"

Now it was Ginger's turn to stare at her in horror and shock.

"Isa, are you feeling ok? Phineas gave you those things! It was super romantic! Are you sick?"

Ginger was seriously concerned and Isabella remembered that she supposedly had Phineas' emotions and personality and was quiet.

Was this how Phineas would've reacted if she had ever acted on her feelings?

The thought hurt her and she thought about it for the rest of class. She barely paid attention to what she was playing, though she knew it was good. She wasn't first chair for nothing.