Fairy Tale

{Phineas}

"Watcha doing?" I asked, opening the door to my former backyard.

Pretending to be Isabella wasn't hard, she was one of my closest friends so of course I knew her every move. Although, I did feel weird when I looked at myself. Well, my former body that is. I sort of got a tingly feeling whenever she was around. It must've been because we were such great friends.

"Oh, hey, Phineas! I found your old book of fairy tales so Ferb and I decided to sort of modify it!" Isabella said.
"Modify it? How?" I asked.
"Well, now we can jump into it and meet some fairy tale characters!" She said.
"That's so cool! Can I come?" I asked.
"Of course!" Isabella extended out her hand out to me and I felt like falling.

Soon, I felt the ground disappear from beneath me as Isabella and I jumped in my old book. I started to scream but when Isabella smiled at me, it was like all my fears left me, like some kind of weird magic. My face got hot as I smiled back and I felt that tingly feeling again. I'll have to ask Candace about this later. Maybe it was a girl thing.

"Where are we?" Isabella asked, pulling me out of my thoughts
I looked around in confusion. "I thought we were supposed to land in a fairy tail."
"I thought so, too. Ferb?" We looked around and saw that Ferb was nowhere to be seen.
"Let's look for him." I suggested and she nodded.

We walked around for a while and my hopes were starting to shrink. We hadn't found Ferb and all we could see for miles was trees, dirt, trees, rocks, and oh, did I mention trees?

Isabella gasped and let go of my hand. "Look, Phineas!"

I looked at what she was looking at and I gasped, too. There was a diamond studded box in the middle of a flower field and we ran over. There was glass covering the box and we found it was a coffin. There was a girl our age inside and she looked like she was sleeping.

"Phineas, help me open this." I nodded and we pushed the glass covering out of the way.
"Do you think she's ok?" I asked.

Isabella shrugged. Then she leaned her head forward and my face heated up as she kissed the girl. The girl's face colored and then she sat up, coughing until a piece of food spit out from her mouth. She turned to Isabella and she smiled sweetly.

"Are you my destined Prince?" She asked.
"Funny, you look like Ginger." Isabella said.
"Well, that's probably because my name is Ginger! Princess Ginger Hirano and you, Sir, are my prince!" Ginger threw her arms around Isabella and kissed her cheek.
I pulled Isabella back and glared at Ginger. "What are you doing?"
Ginger looked shocked but then smiled. "Silly me! I forgot! What is your name, my prince?"
"Me?" Isabella asked.
"Well, yea! Who else? This girl?" Ginger asked, looking at me before smiling back at Isabella.
Isabella looked at me and seemed to remember that we had switched bodies. "Oh, yea. Um, I'm...Phineas?"
"Phineas? What a charming name!" Ginger batted her eyelashes.
"Thank you." I automatically said.
"Not you!" Ginger glared at me. "Would you like to come back to my castle with me, Prince Phineas? You'll be treated as royalty for waking me up with your kiss." Ginger asked Isabella.
"Actually, it was-"
"Isabella, you're not going to go with her, are you?" I asked. I felt hurt and I didn't know why. I just didn't like seeing Isabella pay more attention to someone else.
"Oh, uh, look at that! We gotta go!" Isabella pulled a button from her pocket and pushed it.
"Wait, my prince!" Ginger held on to Isabella's leg as we started getting sucked out of the book and I kicked her hands off.

She watched us helplessly as we disappeared and was back in Danville.

"Ferb! Why didn't you jump in after us?" Isabella asked.
Ferb shrugged.
"Oh, hi, Phineas and Isabella." We looked up and saw Vanessa near Ferb.
"Vanessa? Aren't you our science intern? What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Oh, I am, but I was taking a walk and I happened to spot Ferb." She explained.

Isabella and I shrugged. What Ferb did on his own time wasn't any of our business. Well, it wasn't any of Isabella's, but it was certainly mine. Oh, that reminds me. I have to ask Candace about that weird feeling. Maybe it was a side effect from switching bodies with Isabella.

"Ferb, is Candace here?" I asked.
Ferb shrugged again but Vanessa smiled. "Candace? Like, Candace Flynn?"
"Yea, do you know her?" I asked.
"I...knew a Candace before in high school." She answered.
"Our Candace is in Law School." I told her.
Vanessa laughed. Her laugh was really pretty and made her sound younger than she probably was. "That sounds like something she would do."
"What did you want Candace for?" Ferb spoke up.
"I uh...had a question." I blushed as Isabella looked me, confused. I didn't want her knowing that my question was about her.
"I don't think Candace is here. What was your question?" Vanessa asked.

I looked at her and then glanced at Isabella and Ferb. I figured she'd be the better choice to ask since she was a actually a girl. Well, actually, Ferb was pretty good at advice, too....

I grabbed them both and pulled them into the house, leaving a confused Isabella in the yard.

"Why did we-" Vanessa started
"There's this weird feeling I get when I'm around Isabella and I don't know what it is and I was hoping you could help me." I said, fast.
Vanessa and Ferb looked at each other and smiled. "I think I know what's wrong." Vanessa said.
"What? What is it?" I asked.
"You like her." Ferb answered.
I paused as I tried to absorb that answer. "Like...her...?"
"But why just now?" Vanessa asked.
Ferb shrugged. "We could get that scan...."
"But didn't you say that we had to get that rare scanner from Japan?" I asked.
He shrugged again and smiled. "I got it."
"Cool!" I exclaimed. "I'll get Izzy!"

I ran outside and my heart heated faster when I saw her. Me, whatever.

"Oh, hey, Phineas! What was that about?" She asked.
"Oh, nothing! Come on! Ferb got the scanner! We can see if we can change back!" I said and she nodded, taking my hand.

I paused for a second and thought about what Ferb and Vanessa said about me liking her but then smiled. Me? Liking Isabella? She was just a friend to me.

Sorry if this one isn't really good. I'm trying to update and then make the most of my weekends like....sleeping?