Fancy Moves

{Ferb}

We entered Mr. Doofenshmirtz's science class and I noticed that Baljeet and Buford had already already taken the two desks up front. Probably because Baljeet wouldn't sit anywhere else.

I looked around the room and saw there wasn't a lot of people I knew. I recognized some of the kids who came over to see what Phineas and I were building every summer day, but I didn't really know their names.

"Hey, Ferb! Want to sit with me?" Phineas asked.

Isabella's...well, Phineas'...face fell. I was still getting used to the switch thing. Already a couple of times, I was going to whisper to Phineas on how Isabella's outfit looked nice but luckily, I caught myself and remembered Isabella was in Phineas' body. Or when I want to lean over to Isabella and ask how she's going to win Phineas over that day but then I remember again.

I shook my hand at Phineas. Isabella was also my best friend and I knew she would be sad if she couldn't be near Phineas. Even if I got hurt everytime she shot him a smile, it was worth it. Ok, so what if I had finally gotten over Vanessa and was now into Isabella? This time was a more reachable goal...right?

"You don't want to sit with me, Ferb?" Phineas asked.

I shook my head. I was fine. Isabella would be more happy this way.

Just as I thought, she smiled and then beamed when Phineas looked at her. "Do you want to sit with me, Izzy?"
"Sure, Phineas!" Isabella said and slid into the seat next to him.

Everyone around us stared at us in confusion and amazement. To them, it looked like Phineas was finally over his oblivion and Isabella was taking initiative. Even though she already had since we were...seven? Wow, Isabella has liked him for seven years...I'm really going to need some therapy on why I keep falling for unreachable girls...

The bell rang and Mr. Doofenshmirtz walked in, wearing a lab coat like a real scientist or something. He also had a very hunched back but I wasn't going to be the one to say anything.

"Hey, class! Welcome to evil-...er I mean Science 101!" He exclaimed.
"Dad, I thought you had gotten over being evil or whatever." A young woman sighed and came in.

She was wearing a similar outfit as Mr. Doofenshmirtz but it was more...stylish.

Probably no one my age knew her but I did. How could I forget?

Vanessa Doofenshmirtz, my first love.

"Sweetheart!", He exclaimed, "Everyone, I know this is your first day back but I'd like you to meet your assistant teacher, and my daughter, Vanessa Doofenshmirtz. Please treat her with the same respect as you, hopefully will, me."

Everyone greeted her and she nodded. "I'm glad to be here. Also, excuse my dad for his...eccentricity."

We laughed. I observed her. She's matured. Well, I guess she would because it's been three years since I last saw her leave for Canada to be with her boyfriend. Maybe they broke up? No...I can't give myself false hopes. It's over.

************************************

"Lunch! Man, I'm starving!" Buford exclaimed before chowing down on his roast beef sub.

For our first day, it wasn't so bad. We decided to sit outside in the shade of the trees because Phineas couldn't stay away from nature for too long.

"Buford, slow down! You'll choke." Baljeet warned his best friend.
"Hey, guys! Mind if we join you?" Django and Irving came over and sat down.

I noticed Phineas cringe slightly and then look confused like he didn't know what was wrong. He shook his head and smiled.

"Hey, guys! Watcha doing?" Phineas asked, tilting his head.
"We just wanted to have lunch with you, cutie." Irving winked.

Ugh. Irving is my friend and all but he is terrible at flirting.

"Sorry, Irving. Isabella is taken." Isabella growled.
Django looked at her and smiled softly. "So, you finally noticed?"
Isabella remembered who she looked like and looked back at her burrito. "I don't know what you mean..."
"Noticed what?" Phineas asked.
"Nothing, Isabella." Django said, still watching Isabella who he believed was Phineas.

"Irving, my old friend. You're a terrible flirter. I'm going to take you under my wings and show you how it's done." Buford whispered to Baljeet.

We all rolled our eyes at him. Buford wasn't any better with girls than Phineas was with seeing how Isabella liked him. Phineas still had his oblivion so he didn't hear what Buford had said and was surprised to find the old bully laying his head on Phineas' lap. Isabella's lap, whatever.

"Buford?" Phineas asked.
"Hey, babe. Give me a grape." Buford pointed to the bowl of grapes laying next to Phineas.
"Um...what...?" Phineas said.
"Hand me a grape, baby." Buford said.
"Buford, if you wanted a grape, you could've just gotten one yourself." Phineas reached over to the bowl.

Suddenly, he grabbed Buford's hand and made him do a flip, twisting Buford's hand behind him.

"If you ever do that again, I'll make sure Phineas builds you a plane so I can leave you on that deserted island with the ox and palm trees." Phineas snarled.

Buford whimpered and nodded. Phineas let go and Buford his behind a very confused Baljeet. Actually, we were all confused. I didn't Phineas could defend himself without machines for his life.

"Wow. That was some fancy moves, Isabella!" Irving said.
"You're amazing, Isabella." Django said.
"Ooh, I could make you a strength arm that could double your strength!" Isabella said, excitedly.

I watched as Phineas smiled sweetly at Isabella and batted his eyelashes.

"Thanks, Phineas!" He said.
"No problem! That's what best friends are for!" Isabella said.

Fancy moves? Strength arms? Were they ok? More importantly, Isabella. It killed her every time Phineas just described her as his best friend. Were they...nah. They had to be acting. Or...or else everyone would suspect them...

Yea...acting...I'll have to keep a closer eye on them.

Ooh look at me two parts in a day