Chapter 24 - Snapped

"Get out," Kenzou's step-mother growled. He nodded quickly and got out of the vehicle, closing the door gently. He walked inside, followed by his step-mother. Sarah's eyes were filled with disdain.

"Well, it seems that you've figured out what you are. Or more so - those stupid so-called mates of yours had to tell you. You're useless!" She turned around to punch him in the stomach, but to both hers and his surprise, he dodged it with wide eyes.

"Mother. I'm done listening to you! I'm not just a toy you can beat up when you feel like it." Kenzou was surprised by his own words. He covered his mouth and took a step back. The blanket fell off shoulders, showing the vermilion scales on his shoulders and forearms. His eyes glowed a magenta as he stared, terrified, at his step-mother from behind his glasses.

He felt tears fall down his face as he let broken sobs escape his lips. He slid down the string, nearly letting go.

"I'm not just someone you can push around!" He screamed, not wanting to put up with the abuse anymore.

He missed Evan, he missed Ethan, he missed the pack, he missed Limbo, he missed his mother, he missed... he missed... what was his name?! He missed someone very dearly, but he couldn't even remember their bloody name--

"Zak please, get in your supernatural form!"

"Zak.."

Was that his name...? Zak... it sounded familiar.

His mother got closer to him with a scowl on her face.

"You dare disrespect me?! I'm your mother!"

"You never have been!"

She ran to him with a raises fist and was about to punch him in the jaw like she's always do.

He did something he never did before: he ducked, swiped his leg under her ankles and tripped her.

He stood up and looked at her on the ground. She growled again and got up faster than he could blink, she punched him over and over and over and over and over. He was stuck. He couldn't do anything except take the hits.

It seemed like hours (when it was really just seconds) when she stopped and kicked his head into the ground, cracking the tile and making him nearly pass out. He looked up at her, weakly, and tears fell from his eyes.

"Zak... Ethan... Evan... help." He muttered.

POV change:
"Zak... Ethan... Evan... help."

Ethan's head shot up to see Evan standing in the jail cell. They both looked at each other in worry. They never should have left him alone with her!

They both looked at each other and nodded. Evan's eyes glowed and he possessed one of the guards walking past. The guard then unlocked the jail cell and Ethan walked out with his brother on his back. He ran out and they shapeshifted into the guards. They eventually got out of the place and transformed back. They ran to where they heard Kenzou's voice.

POV change:
"Zak... Ethan... Evan... help."

He looked up and a small smile came to his face as he heard the weak call for assistance. The boy had remembered him. He transformed into his fox form and closed his eyes.

'I'm coming soon, Kenzou.' He thought.

POV change:
"You stupid boy, nobody's coming to help you." She smirked as she kicked the boy repeatedly.

Before her foot could land another kick, claws were at her neck.

"You better watch what you do to my mate, bitch." Ethan growled.