Chapter 10 - Waiting

Two weeks had passed since Kenzou told the twins about him being deaf. At first, their reaction was surprise. They were surprised that Kenzou was deaf. They were surprised that he could use his supernatural powers now. They were surprised when they met him. They were surprised when Kenzou would wear more girly clothes than when they met him. They were surprised when he wouldn't eat an of the food they serve him. They were surprised when they found him smoking. They were surprised when he began to cry in his sleep whispering something like "Mother..." or "it wasn't me" or when he would just begin to scream and wake up.

But most of all, in the few first days that they met the boy, they were surprised that Kenzou was both a Banshee and a Naga with Demon blood running through his veins. He was strong and powerful. Much more so than anyone could imagine. Even those from the other packs would have to be afraid of the young boy. 

He hadn't gone to school yet, or even out of the pack mansion. The Alpha and Luna, Steven and Alex, -if they could call them that- would give him books to read as the twins would leave for school. Cameron and Josh would be able to stay, though. But the two of them would stay in Cameron's room a lot. They would watch movies and study for University or some other things that Kenzou hadn't  known. 

One hot afternoon, while the twins were at school possibly learning mathematics, Kenzou was sitting in his room on his bed, reading a book for a franchise that Josh had kindly suggested and Steven went out to buy the books for, Harry Potter. He was beginning to like it, reading. He had never really learnt to read that well since all of the kids from his old school would bully him and lock him somewhere in the school like a closet and he wouldn't get the education. Plus with his step-mother constantly beating him, making him much more exhausted than any kid his age would be, he would sleep more in class. 

He sat on the bed reading Harry Potter, a knock came at the door, but he couldn't hear it. So they just walked in. Steven and Alex stood there with smiles and some plastic bags. Kenzou looked up at them with his big, violet eyes. He placed his book down on the bed and sat cross legged. 

"What is it?" He asked them.

Steven showed him the bags that were in his hand and gave them to Kenzou, along with a note.

The twins have been feeling down lately, tonight, take them to the park and wear these to cheer them up. It read.

The twins have been feeling sad? He never knew. He looked back up the two males and gave them a confused look. 

"Evan and Ethan have been feeling sad? I never noticed. Am I a bad friend?" He asked.

The two glanced at each other. Did he still not understand the meaning of 'mate' even though he had heard it a few times? He still thinks they see him as a friend. 

Steven smiled again at the boy and shook his head. 

The two walked out of the room, leaving Kenzou to look in the bag and saw some beautiful dresses. The first dress was a light shade of pink with frills and went past the knees.

 The first dress was a light shade of pink with frills and went past the knees