Chapter Twenty-Seven

Suddenly, Arianna appeared and thrust the silver dagger into Esther, she dropped into a deep sleep. Why, was Arianna here? How dare she finally come back after all this time?

I glared at her and ran past. I turned my torch on as I led the way through the dark cavern. Drip, drop. I heard the water as I stepped into ankle deep water. As we got deeper into the caves, the water became deeper and Elijah's breathing got worse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The water overcame my head and me and Nik, gasped our final breaths. The water was turquoise and was so cold. Our eyes met and he smiled at me. Suddenly he put his mouth to ours as he breathed out. I realised what he was doing, he was giving me his air. I pushed him away, shaking my head. He stroked my stomach and beamed before bubbles came out of his mouth, I found it harder and harder to breath. I felt my eyes close and his grip on my hand loosened.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We ran deeper and deeper until the water was knee deep. It was so cold. Damon and Caroline stopped.

"Theres vervaine in the water, we can't go in, Im sorry Ric!"

I nodded and waded in. I noticed two ropes sumberged in the water, and below the ropes where two still shadows.

"Kass!" I screamed as I pulled one rope up, attached to it wasn't Kass it was Klaus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spluttered as someone suddenly pulled me up out of the water. My vision was blurry.

"You're safe now."

"Who are you?"

"I'm your mother...