Chapter Eleven

Klaus arrived at my door and smiled as I walked down the stairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She looked amazing, the dress had reminded me of the ones she used to wear and it suited her beautifully. "My love, I got you something" I showed her the necklace and she lifted her hair up as I placed it around her neck. "It contains vervain, Kass, it will stop any vampires from biting you, I doubt it will prevent originals from you but I swear I will protect you!" I held out my arm and she placed her hand in mine as we walked into the ball room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elena and Caroline ran up to me and hugged me but then they saw Klaus. "It's ok, I'll go and get you a drink." Klaus left.

"What are you doing?" She shouted.

"Caroline, leave it!" Elena urged.

"He's changed..trust me!" I insisted.

"Well...it won't matter if hes changed after tonight anyway." She said as she walked away.

"Elena, are you trying to kill him...please I beg you dont." I panicked.

"We....we're not." She walked off and I decided to believe her.

"May I have this dance my love." Nik appeared from behind me and held out his arm.

"You may." He took my hand and placed his arm around my waist.

"I'm not very good at this."

"Nonsense sweetheart, you're a natural." I smiled, he had a way of making everything alright. I could feel all the eyes on us.

"Don't worry love, they're probably just jealous of your beauty." I smiled but I knew that they where disgusted with me dancing with him. As he spun me around I noticed Ric, he looked like a broken man. He looked dissapointed with himself yet ashamed of me. When the music stopped, Klaus led me out onto a bridge over the lake. I could hear the music in the background.

"Kassie, I know it may sound too soon but ..I love you."

I looked into his eyes and I could tell he meant it.

"I love you too." He stroked my cheek and I kissed him passionately.

"Would you do the honor of becoming my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" I shouted and I cuddled him whilst staring at the moon light.

"Sorry to interrupt this heartfelt scene but Klaus we need to talk."

"Stefan, I am here with my date, Im not leavingg he-

"It's about Mikael."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mouth dropped. "I am so sorry sweetheart, I will only be a couple of minutes." I walked away curious yet scared of what Stefan had to say.

"We killed him, we've killed Mikael your father."

"STEPFATHER actually! Let me see him..."
My heart was beating furiously.
--------------------------------------

I saw Tyler running into the forest. "Ty!!"

"Kass, what are you doing here? You need to go...I'm....arghh...Im turning.

"Oh my God... we need to get you to the tomb."

"Go Kass." He growled.

"I'm not leaving you!"

Suddenly he began to turn. "R...u....nnnnn!!"

I ran...and ran...and ran. I could hear him behind me. I turned and saw a huge wolf staring. I began to panic, I felt like this had happened before. He charged at me and suddenly I was pulled into a tree. There was Nik, holding me in his arms.

"I will not let you go again."