Chapter Thirteen

I remember being hit over the head by Rebekah then five minutes later I awoke. I heard raised voices and I saw my love crying! Suddenly I saw Damon, running over to Klaus with a stake.

"Klaus!!!" I screamed at him to move but he didn't hear me.

I ran towards Damon but he was too fast. I didn't have time to think and I just jumped in front of Klaus. I felt the pain of the stake and I saw peoples faces in shock. Then I found it hard to breathe, my body hurt and my eyes wanted to close.... I saw Mikael running off as I winced in pain...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She fell to the ground. I was stunned. One minute I was being attacked and next my love had been fatally stabbed! "Damon, what the hell did you do!" Ric ran over to her in tears. The others just stared in shock.

"How was I supposed to know, she'd go all Romeo and Juliet over him!"

Damon and Stefan where ushered away by a confused Elena. I couldn't believe that it was Katherine not Elena that was stabbed I could kill her! I scooped Kassie up into my arms. I could hear her faint heart beat and she looked up at me and smiled.

"Why did you do this my love?" My tears fell onto her.

"Well...I...couldn't" she paused as she struggled to breathe. "I..couldn't...leave..you..to die could..I!"

"Im not worth it!"

"Thats...where..I..beg to..differ." She smiled her beautiful smile. She was losing so much blood, Caroline had to leave she couldn't control herself. I wanted to give her my blood but it would be to weak as I hadn't had any blood in three weeks.

"Kass, please talk to me..Im sorry I've let you down!"

"No Ric, you've been perfect, you've.....given me...everything you could..thank you." He started to cry.

"Bonnie, what can we do?" She ushered Ric into a corner but I used my vampire hearing to listen.

"I can't do anything, I need a witches blood, a lovers blood, which I could do but I also need her fathers blood, and I'm not going gravedigging."

Ric froze. "We can use her fathers blood."

"What how?"

"I...well..I'm her father!" I almost gasped in shock, now I was confused.

"Please take this thing out of me Nik". Kass cried, squeezing my hand.

"I can't Im sorry, you will lose even more blood!" She cried to me and I just kept telling her, that she was going to be fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt ready to die, inside I was peaceful but I was in so much pain.

"Please dont cry, my love!" I fell in and out of conciousness.

'Kassie I love you. Lets get married when were older'. The wolf, the tree, my death and our love. It was slowly coming back to me. I woke up to see me lying in a chalk circle. Around me was Bonnie and Ric and Nick.

I whispered two words. " I remember."

He stared at me and smiled. I was still in pain, but I was happy, I had remebered my true existence and past.

Suddenly, I noticed Ric holding a knife, he pointed at himself...