Chapter Five

Chapter Five (Remi's POV)

I really didn't want to go home.

I felt way too nervous, too worried leave Kyler on his own, but I know for a fact that Blood Rain wouldn't let any harm come to him. Besides, vampires were powerful, but a single one surely couldn't take on an entire pack of werewolves, right?

I kept that thought in mind as I turned out of the driveway, snapping on the radio. Only You by Portishead filled my truck and I rolled my eyes. Just to make my mood cheery, I thought bitterly as I turned the headlights on to see in the darkness that began to fall over town. I drove through town toward The Mockingbird, but pulled in behind and took the dirt path in back to the place I called home.

It wasn't extravagant like the Luna Plantation House, but it was comfortable.

It was a common country home, white as snow with a wraparound porch and a high-pitched gabled roof. Two stories with a two car garage that jutted out the side and a large green lawn that ran all around the house before disappearing into the woods. I drove the truck up to the garage, hitting a button before the garage opened and I drove in, parking the truck beside my uncle's Dodge Viper.

I went in the house, preparing for my confrontation with my uncle.

It wasn't the fact that he was evil. No, he was just harsh and rough. If I had to compare him to something, I'd say... Well, an amethyst gem. Jagged and sharp.

I stepped into the clean white kitchen with honey colored floorboards to match the island that sat at the center. My aunt, Zira, was cooking something good that made my stomach growl. She looked up, smiling at me with dimples in her cheeks. Her eyes were mismatched, blue and gold, with hair like honey.

"Hey there, honey. Where've you been? Your uncle's been flitting about looking for you. It's about that... incident in town." Her smile faded at the mention as she looked away. I frowned, then smiled again, walking up to her and settling my hands on her shoulders.

"It's fine, we can handle it." I told her. She smiled faintly, then looked up at the sound of screaming and I winced, turning toward the hallway that led into the kitchen from one direction. My two sisters were coming down the hallway, both enraged and hostile.

Another reason why I hated she-wolves. Living with two of them my whole life drove me insane.

The oldest was Rosabel. She was tall and slender with dark curly hair that fell over her shoulders and down her back. Her eyes were a terrifyingly powerful green that almost reminded me of my own.

Following right behind her was our other sister, about a year older than I, Vivian. She had the same dark hair as her sister and myself, along with green eyes fringed in gold. She looked most like our other, but we didn't say anything about it to her. Talking about our parents was taboo in the household.

"You miserable bitch!" Vivian snarled, shoving Rosabel into the kitchen. Rosabel growled low in her throat, flashing Vivian a glare that could seriously kill.

"Oh, fuck you, Viv. It's your fault he's mad." She retorted. Vivian shifted her shoulders back and forth sassily before she caught sight of me and a smile ripped across her face.

"Remi!" She greeted, rushing over and throwing her arms around me, hugging me tight. I smiled, hugging her in return, looking up to see Rosabel relax, leaning against the counter and folding her arms over her chest.

"So, what was all the swearing about?" I asked as Vivian backed off, only to hold onto my arm and scowl.

"She's just pissed because uncle blew up on us. She says it was my fault. I say its hers for disobeying, but setting all that aside, where have you been? We've been worried sick!" Vivian exclaimed. Rosabel frowned.