Epilogue

Epilogue (Kyler's POV)

So, let's see.

Up until now, life was pretty much a pile of shit that just got worse and worse every day. I came from a different country, was exposed to new things. I didn't know what I was doing, where I was going. I met a monster named Jack Runningwolf. He taught me things about this new country, sucking me into his web of misery before he showed his true colors.

For the next five or six years of my life, he spent using me as a toy, a pet, an experiment. I wasn't special in any sense of the word. I was just a slut.

That's how I saw myself.

Then I met Zaid and Scythe Rider. A couple of werewolves that led me on this totally whacked out adventure to help Zaid -who's a guy, by the way, oh jeez- give birth to twins. Oh, but the journey doesn't end there, folks. No, siree.

You see, this then led to the death of Jack Runningwolf. My heart soared, but I forgot only tiny detail.

Ash Strike. And since he's now dead as well, I can say his real name is Ashley Strike. Teasing him for it was a death sentence, though, which is why I waited until now to laugh.

Moving on, I met Remi Black.

Ah, yes.

Remi Black.

The silly happy-go-lucky dollface werewolf that stalked me for almost six months, claiming I was his mate and the Goddess had chosen us to be together and blah-dee-dah-dah. Big freakin' whoop, I think. He's a smelly cur, I think. He's gross, I think.

Who knew that only a few months later, we'd be doing the mating ritual and falling madly in love with each other like something out of a Spanish soap opera?

Unfortunately, the hell doesn't stop there, people. Stay with me.

So, after we proclaim our love for each other and all that lovey dovey bullshit, Remi's uncle, Nythara, decides he doesn't like me. What a load of shit, right? I'm Kyler Mercy. Who doesn't love me? So anyway, he and his pack of ingrate sons hunt me down.

I've only been on this planet for twenty-four years and I already feel like I've seen so much shit, it'd make Ghandi piss himself.

So it came as no surprise when they jumped me.

And of course, who tries to come to my rescue? Remi. Sure, he was late and it already happened, but when he found out, he broke ass on those bastards. Part of me wishes I didn't stop him and let him kill those assholes, but death was too kind for them.

So, I'll just let the Goddess do her part in tormenting the Amethyst pack.

Because they couldn't do anything about my relationship with Remi now.

Remi, and his three other siblings (Rosabel, Vivian, and Tyson) as well as myself took off to the high, cool mountains in Virginia.

We found a nice place in the mountains, the fog usually rolling in thickly. We actually built our own house and it's gorgeous. I had to take a picture and send it to Zaid so I could brag. He was still all embarrassed about my kissing him before we left.

Of course I kissed him.

I was thankful.

He saved me from Jack.

He saved me from Hell.

He helped me realize that Remi was my mate, and I should quit being such a fucking crybaby and just cave in.

He and his mate, Scythe.

Without them, I had no idea where I'd be today and I didn't want to think about it.