Chapter 8: When I got home

I closed my car door and walked up to my house, nothing seemed wrong either. MAYBE i would have a normal hour, it would be the first time since last week.

I reached my door, finally able to relax.

I walked in my house, and then i locked the door. Something was wrong .. i could feel it... So into the kitchen i went, and also throughout the house. When i got to the living room i stopped.

"Hello there Derek. How life treated you?" she said, acting as if it was perfectly fine to be in my house.

"how the hell did you get in my house?"... it was the only thing i could say.

It was Katlyn... A Highschool ex of mine...

"Well, i you left your door unlocked so.."

I cut her off mid sentence "No, i didnt Katlyn, i always lock my door" i said, shocked she was here.

"Look Derek, Its been 12 years, arent you happy to see me? I've kept in touch with you, and your house was on MapQuest so i figured i'd stop on by." She said, so calmy and peacefully.

I couldnt believe she thought this was okay.

"We were 16 Katlyn! i havent talked to you in 12 years! Don't you think this is a little bit weird?" I said, at the verge of losing my cool.

"No, Tracy told me that you took her back after all these years, so i figured i'd give it a shot too" she said, still oddly calm.

"No, no its not going to work, and it's just a tad bit creepy." i said, getting annoyed, "I'm going to need you to get out of my house, now."

"But derek! It's been so many years, i just want to talk!" she said, as she began to lose her cool

"No katlyn, i'm going to ask you nicely. Get out of my house!" i said, demanding her to leave.

"fine... but dont forget about me derek, I'll always love you okay?"  she said, trying to act all swet and loving and caring.

Wow, what a freak..... i can't believe i dated her before. People can be real creeps, did you know that?

"Goodbye Katlyn, Have a good day" i said, leading her to the door, and making her leave.

"Goodbye Derek, I love you!" she said, kind of sounding a bit crazy by now...

I didnt even respond, i closed the door and went back inside.

"The hell is up with this week.... It's like every mistake in my life is coming back to me. But there's one girl i hope doesn't come back... Please tell me she doesn't come back...." i said, losing my train of thought as i remembered something. "Seems like Tracy is my best choice after all, and im kind of glad im back with her" I said, smiling, now believing i was making a good choice.