Chapter 3: Derek, I've Fallen Ill

"There's no way that was her, no way…" I convinced myself, as I walked away from the door. 

*Ring Ring Ring*

*ring Ring ring*

Walking over to pic up the phone, i noticed the caller I.D. said *Unknown Caller*. "who could it be?" i wondered, since i havent had an unknown caller in ages.

"Hello, this is Derek Wagner speaking," I said calmly.

"H-h-hi, Derek.... It's me, Tracy," she said, kind of stuttering "I have a problem, I think I’m falling ill...I’m sweating profusely...My stomach keeps turning and I feel like I’m going to throw up.”

"Tracy, you could have called a doctor…" I said, when in my mind I was actually feeling bad for her.

"But, Derek, they’re too far away! You’re right around the corner, could you please come help?" She said, using the same voice that lured me in the first time I fell in love with her years ago.

Then a thought struck me.

"Tracy, you live near me? You used to live in on the other side of town." I said, in a questioning tone.

"I’ll explain more when you come help me. Derek, please I’m hurting!" she begged.

Okay, so I know this sounded cheesy…but she needed help, and she sounded like she meant it. How could I ignore that?

"Just this once, Tracy...and you better not be lying to me." I said, in a slightly annoyed voice.

"I’m not, Derek, thank you so much! I’m living where your grandmother used to live before she died a few years ago…back when we were together..." she said in a dismissive voice.

"Um... okay…Tracy, I’m coming, just...just hold on."

And with that I was out the door, getting in my car to drive three houses down.