Chapter 9: Thinking about my life

"Why are they all coming back? Why now? right when im having troubles at work, RIGHT when i least need a girlfriend.... and now they are coming back." i thought, kind of trying to start convincing myself that there was a reason behind this.

"And not only are they coming back, but there being ridiculus. Tracy seems like the only one i can truly trust right now...." i thought to my self

*RIng Ring Ring*... *ring Ring Ring*

There goes the phone again... oh god who is it this time...

I reached over to pick up the phone "Derek Wagner Speaking" i said, calmy and politely.

"Hey derek, its me Tracy. I was wondering if maybe you want to hang out again? This time we can talk about things, and i wont bring up "Us" (she said that like it was an object of possession... but it slipped by me so i didnt really notice it) up, i promise." She said, kind of in a "i hope he says yes" kind of way.

"Sure Tracy, just let me be by myself for a bit... Alot is going on right now, and i just need time to think okay?" i said, asking in a modest respectful tone.

"Sure Derek... sure. It's not about me is it? Because if it is im sorry!!" she said, immediatly assuming it was her own fault... just a little selfish if i might say so myself.

"Tracy it's not you, i promise, I'll talk to you another time okay? Just let me be alone for a bit... " i said, about to hang up.

"Okay Derek, Just call me when you feel like talking, have a good day!" She said, and hung up the phone.

"Wow, she reallly has changed... She respects me now, and respects my space." I said, smiling "I might actually have the Tracy i fell in love with back again"

 "Anyways... I still dont know why this is happening.... Why me??" i thought, still trying to decipher all of this... still trying...

I was just your average guy. I kept in shape, ran 6 miles on saturday, 8 miles on sunday every weekend. I had my own gym in my garage, which i used an hour every day. Through out highschool I played basketball, as im sure ive mentioned before. Things went pretty nice, passing all of my classes, plenty of girls to choose from... I mean, everything was going great! I thought i had a perfect first 20 years of my life... but now that i look back on it.... im pretty sure i could have made a few corrections...

I hit my wall, angry about everything that was going on. Mad that i was being asked to be a father, while being asked to be a friend, WHILE being asked to fall in love again.... and god knows what else is going to happen next.

*Knock knock Knock*..  then the doorbell rang...

I just stood there... silent in my own place...

"No, no no no... Please dont be Martha... Or Katlyn... i already told Tracy not to come so, there's no way it could be her.... She respects my space now, She's going to listen." I said, as i walked edgingly to the door