Chapter 28

I pulled my long hair to the side and started to braid it, to match the rest of the bridesmaids hair. It was a lot harder to braid my own hair than it was when I did Andi's or Jenna's. Rydel insisted she could do her own, and Stormie was busy with Karlee, so I had to help the rest of the ladies. When I finally got to my own hair, of course there would be distractions.

"Jules, your phones ringing!" Andi called from the other room.

"Well then answer it then," I called back and continued to place strands of hair in the perfect position.

I heard muffled greetings and then panicked footsteps. "I'm sorry," she said into the phone. "I didn't mean to... No, I get it. Here's Juliette. Sorry again."

There were knots in my stomach when I took the phone and pressed it to my ear. "Hello?" I asked nervously. All I could really hear was crying.

"Hi babe," Rocky said. "Mommy's on the phone now, bud. She's okay. Do you want to talk to her?" It was obvious to me then exactly what happened.

"Mommy?" a timid voice asked and sniffled.

"Hi Masey," I cooed. "How's my boy?"

"I called and you didn't answer." How was it that I could hear his pouts through the phone. "I miss you."

My heart melted. "I'm okay. I was just doing my hair for the wedding. I miss you too, baby. Are you all dressed and ready?"

"Not yet," he admitted. "Daddy has my nice clothes ready."

"Be good for daddy," I reminded him. "I'll see you in a couple of hours. I love you."

"I love you," he mumbled.

"Can you give the phone to daddy?"

There was some shuffling and then a familiar voice spoke. "Love you baby," he said and I could just picture his smile in my mind.

"Love you more," I sighed. "See you soon." And with that, I hung up the phone.

"I didn't mean to--" Andi started but I cut her off.

"How were you supposed to know that was going to happen?" I pinned the last hair into place and looked at myself in the mirror. "Can you do my makeup?" I asked her.

"Of course!" she clapped her hands together and got the supplies to apply the signature smokey colors onto my face, matching the rest of the girls. On the corners of the eyes, she added some glitter to set me apart from the other bridesmaids. "There, perfect," she nodded and got out of my way so I could see my reflection. I really did look perfect.

We decided to go check on Karlee, who was getting the finishing touches on her hair and makeup. She looked so elegant and beautiful with her long brunette hair pulled back into a bun, the ends curled perfectly. On the crown of her head sat two perfect braids with delicate flowers weaved in. Her makeup was simple but complimented her features nicely. Even with the lounge clothes on, she looked like a fairytale character.

During our quick lunch, Rydel made sure her daughters were perfectly made up and dressed, then proceeded to feed Lee. Jenna got Hallie the cutest dress and brushed her hair out of her face. They looked so much alike. When both of my girls were finished eating, I pulled a light purple dress onto Ellie and put the finishing touches on Avelyn's look. Time flew and before we knew it, the limo was here to pick us up and drive us to the villa. All of the bridesmaids and miss Avelyn the flower girl had gotten fully dressed and posed for some pictures for Stormie before we piled into limo.

We arrived just a few seconds after the groom's party got there. We made sure Ryland was in and out of sight before we let Karlee get out. All of the girls ushered the bride into the suite to get ready and I met up with Rocky and my boys, who were waiting by the entrance. Mason was gripping onto Rocky's hand but when he saw me, he let go and ran to meet me. I lifted him up carefully and kissed his cheek. "Wow Mase, you look so handsome," I told him with a wink. "And Carter, you look handsome too, baby." Carter rolled his eyes and hugged me before going inside to hang with his uncles.