Chapter 11

Mornings were always crazy, but they were especially crazy when we were supposed to pick up Brooke and Alice. Typically Rydel and I switched off days or took over when things were a bit crazy, but with Lee being just a few days old I was 100% up for taking the girls to and from school every day until Rydel got her feet back. Things went okay the first day, but the second day Ellie slept later than usual and it was Carter's birthday, meaning I had made a special birthday breakfast for him and the other kids to enjoy.

Rocky stumbled out of the bedroom and started to help me clean up later than usual. He had been over at the Ratliff's until late last night helping assemble last minute things nursery items they hadn't been able to fix since the baby came early. Rydel and Lee were coming home this morning because there had been a few complications, but everyone was happy, healthy, and ready to finally be home.

"Just leave Ellie here with me and take the other kids to school." Rocky kissed my cheek, "She'll hold you up."

"Thank you so much," I told him sincerely, "I love you," I kissed him on his lips and ran out the door quickly with the three kids to go get Brooke and Alice from their house.

"Bye guys, have a great day," I told them all as they got out of the car line, "Happy Birthday Car,"

"Thanks Mom, Love you," He told me before running off to his friends.

I smiled to myself and sighed into the quiet car.
The second I got home I took a deep breath and went inside to see the kitchen completely cleaned up and pristine. "Babe?" I called out.

"In the living room." He yelled back, "Ellie and I are changing diapers."

I smiled and walked into the living room to find them both on the floor. Ellie shook her head and looked at Rocky, "No Daddy, like dis," She took the doll from him and put the diaper on backwards and handed it back to him.

"Oh okay, sweetie thank you for fixing it." He winked at her and my heart melted.

"I fixed it!" She said happily, "Hi Mommy, Mommy, Mommy," She got up and ran over to me happily.

"You take the day off or something?" I asked him as I picked up Ellie and pushed my hair out of my face.

"Yeah why not?" He said, "Carter's 14th birthday is something to celebrate."

"So you celebrated by staying home?" I sat down, "You just started working every day and I'm happy to have you home but..."

"Juliette-" He cut me off, "I am home because I love you. And I have to talk to you about something."

I sat down and Ellie climbed onto the couch to grab something. "Yes?" I looked down at him confusedly.

"I got offered a job..." He told me, "Yesterday."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I smiled at him and laughed weakly, "That's incredible."

"It is incredible." He nodded, "It's almost double the pay I'm getting right now."

"Oh my god, babe!" I smiled widely, "That's fantastic! Did you say yes?"

"Well I wanted to talk to you about it." He told me seriously, "Because this job would mean I'm the boss."

"Like what?" I gasped, "Like..."

"Vice President of the Company..." He sighed and smiled at me, "and I'd be home more... I'd be able to help with the kids more. I'd be able to enjoy life with you more. But it'd be a bit more responsibility."

I stood up and he stood up with me, "I am so proud of you." I held out my arms for him, "Baby, take it." I nodded and leaped into his arms.

He caught me and kissed me passionately. "I will call them right now." He put me down and ran into the other room to make a phone call.
I smiled to myself and pulled Ellie into my chest happily.

"The job's mine." He called out happily and came back into the living room. The funniest part was seeing Rocky in sponge bob pajama pants and no shirt walking in and saying he got the job.

"I'm so damn proud of you..." I put my hand on his cheek and kissed him sweetly. Ellie squirmed to get down and play while Rocky sat down on the couch next to me and kissed me again. His hand trailed down to my ass and I flinched, "Our baby is in the room sir,"

"Oh so we're in a sir kind of mood?" He raised his eye brows.

"Oh dear lord..." I rolled my eyes, "Give it until her nap." I winked at him and put my hand on his thigh.

He winced and rolled his eyes, "Fine... But not a second longer."

* * *

Rocky volunteered to go pick the kids up so Ellie could sleep longer and I could wrap Carter's presents. He had been begging for a basket ball hoop in the driveway, so we bought one that he and Rocky could install together. He also asked for a new pair of shoes and some video game I knew nothing about except for it was probably T rated. I let Rocky buy it for him anyways.

All of our kids came home and Anna was with them, walking in holding hands with Carter (Internal Mom goes AHHHH!!!!!! But I smiled pleasantly).

"Hi Anna," I smiled at her, "Good to see you again."

"Hi Ms. Juliette, nice to see you too," She smiled at me and placed her back pack on the ground. We got everyone situated with snacks and I got Ellie out of her room to join us. We celebrated with cookies and Carter blew out a candle on a cupcake. He opened all of his gifts and thanked us thoughtfully before turning to Anna, "I just got you a little something..." She smiled at him and handed him a wrapped present.

He took it with a smile and opened it carefully. "Oh my god... The newest edition of the series." He looked up at her, "How'd you know I wanted this?"

"I saw you eyeing it at the mall the other day and got it for you. also I saw you had all the other ones." She shrugged and smiled at him fondly.

"You're the best girlfriend ever." He nodded at her and hugged her in front of us while I gripped Rocky's hand and tried not to cry out of happiness.

After a few hours of playing, eating, and seeing family members come a go to say hi to Carter, Rocky volunteered to go take them to dinner and Avelyn begged to tag along.

"You can come but only if you're quiet and respectful." Rocky told her and she pinky promised him.

They left and I sat with Mason and Ellie and cleaned up until Rocky and Avelyn returned.
"I'm just saying... I know what I saw," Avelyn argues and kissed my cheek.

"What'd you see?" I asked her with a laugh.

"I saw Carter kiss Anna." She said to me.

My eyes widened, "On the cheek?"

"No. On the liiiiiiiiiiips." She told me, "But Daddy doesn't believe me."She turned to him, "Also you owe me a puppy!"

"First of all," I told her, "We don't owe you a puppy, you're still proving you're responsible and respectful enough to own a pet. and secondly, how do you know Carter kisses Anna?"

"I've seen them doing it at school. Just little ones." She told us, "But I didn't tell Carter I saw."

Rocky sat down next to me and looked at Avelyn, "You're probably seeing things."

"No, I'm not." She shook her head, "You guys just don't want to believe your baby boy is all grown up. But I promise I'm not kissing anyone, so I can be your favorite now." She grinned at us, "And you can buy me a puppy."

"We don't have a favorite child," I shook my head, "But if I had to pick a favorite family member, I'd choose your Daddy." I winked at him and smiled at my husband.

"And if I had to pick, I'd choose Mommy." He winked at me and kissed me slowly.

"Eww!!" She shook her head, "I don't wanna be a favorite anymore. "Mason and Ellie and I will be our own favorites." She told us before she began to march up the stairs.

"And where are you going?" Rocky asked her.

"To make space for my new puppy." She said triumphantly.

"We've got quite a fireball on our hands." I told him.

He laughed at me and picked up Ellie with a huff, "You're telling me."