Jasper's Savior ch.2

Chapter 2 of 3

Xover: Jasper's Savior Ch 2, Harry Potter & Twilight | FanFiction

Jasper's head was resting on his mate's lap, his own pale scarred hand clasped in a tanned callused one while his other hand was holding his book upright on his chest while his mate, Harry, was flicking through the telly trying to find something to watch. When Harry finally selected a show, the remote was cast aside and his fingers tangled into Jasper's golden locks, lightly scratching the scalp sending Jasper into a blissful state letting the book fall and his mind wander through his thoughts.

Jasper let out a sigh, his time with his mate has been truly wonderful but he knew he needed the closure from his adoptive family. It had been weighing like stones on his conscious at how he left without a real word to those he had lived with these past few decades. He knew Esme and Carlisle would be worried about him and Rose and Emmett might be concerned as well.

"What's the matter, love?"

Jasper closed his eyes curled into his mate slightly before answering, "I need to go back."

Harry's fingers stilled for a moment before continuing their winding path, "When were you thinking? Winter break is tomorrow."

"I don't know yet, winter break might be good," Jasper opened his eyes and stared into Harry's confused and nervous eyes, he loved when Harry went without his glasses at home, it felt like there were no barriers between them, "You will go with me right?"

Harry seemed to relax as he leant down and caught Jasper's lips bestowing a gentle and tender kiss before smirking and saying, "Always, I would follow you everywhere."

Jasper smiled and brought their linked hands together to place a small kiss on the knuckles. He could do this with his mate by his side. He really didn't hold it against her anymore however he was still hurt that he couldn't have been let in on it, so he could have moved on rather than being led on.

The next day while his mate was getting his vacation setup at his work, Jasper was pacing the living room as he dialed Esme's phone number.

Ring Ring.

Jasper took a deep breath and sat down trying to calm down. It was always difficult to maintain his own emotions rather than someone else's and he hasn't truly relaxed for a month or so causing his control to slip.

Hello?

"Hi Esme," Jasper whispered nervously wondering if this had been a mistake.

"Jasper? Jasper, dear, where are you? Are you okay? Where have you been? I've been so worried and Carlisle has been concerned but he said you probably need some time. Why did you need time? Is it because of Alice and Bella? They said they talked to you."

"Calm down Esme," Jasper laughed softly, relief and guilt flowed through-out his body, "I am fine, actually I'm better than fine, I'm great. I found my mate. I did need some time, as I found out that my 'ex-wife' had been lying to me. And no they did not speak to me, that why I needed to escape; I'm sorry I didn't keep in touch but I was lost until I found way."

"Oh Jasper, honey."

"It's okay Esme, I'm happy now. I was wondering if I could come get my belongings though."

"You are always welcomed Jasper. I know Carlisle would be happy to see you as well as Rosalie and Emmett."

"Great," Jasper smiled, "Where are you guys?"

"We're back in Forks, your room has been set back up."

"Oh joy," Jasper responded dryly smiling at Esme's laugh due to his lack of enthusiasm, they know just how much he actually hates Washington.

Later that night, Jasper was on his laptop searching for hotels and rental cars in Forks/Seattle area for their trip when his love returned carrying a few shopping bags. Glancing up, Jasper smiled at his mate and practically melted, when Harry on his way to the kitchen, stopped briefly to place a loving kiss on Jasper's soft lips.

"What did you get?" Jasper asked turning to watch Harry unload the bags, showcasing blood teas, packets and bottled, as well as blood pops and other various blood foods charmed to look like muggle foods.

"Some extras for our trip. How was your phone call? All is well, I hope?" Harry asked walking over to the door to kick off his shoes and removing his glasses now that he was home.

"Good, they are back in Forks," Jasper shuddered as he turned back to his laptop as his mate plopped down beside him, "I'm currently booking our room then our car."

"Mmmm, how long are we planning on staying there?" Harry inquired as he nuzzled into Jasper's neck.

"Maybe a week or two, depending on how things ago," Jasper shrugged smiling when he felt an arm snake around his waist.

Harry hummed as he just held his love letting the silence drift over them peacefully. When Jasper finished booking their room and rental car, he shut his laptop down and set it on the coffee table before snuggling into his mate, sighing in delight as both arms were wrapped around him as they settled against the couch. Moments later he felt a hand wiggling under his shirt gently caressing his back and tracing his scars and just like that all of Jasper relaxed, his mind at ease knowing that he was going back to settle his past with his mate standing by him and his thoughts shut-off drifting in and out of euphoria.

When Jasper felt like his mind was coming back online, he felt better and more in control. He didn't realize just how much stress he had been under and how much he had been resisting the sweet release his mate gifted him by touching the one place she wouldn't, caressing and worshipping his back brought a sense of relief and knowledge that somebody wanted him, all of him and not fearful of what would happen if a memory or feeling had been triggered. It made Jasper feel safe.

Opening his eyes, Jasper smiled seeing a cup of their tea still warm sitting on the coffee table where his laptop had been previously. Sitting up Jasper lifted the tea and inhaled the aroma before drinking.

"Ah good, you're back," Harry smiled dropping a kiss on Jasper's forehead, "I have everything packed and ready to go once you are finished with your tea."

Jasper hummed happily and leant into Harry's side as his mate sat on the arm of the couch they had been resting on. He noticed Harry had replaced his glasses and knew that his mate was gearing up to protect him from anything and everything. It would probably irritate others, but he just soaked it up. In awe that his mate thought he was worth protecting.

"Love, are you feeling better? You were out of it longer than normal," Harry asked concerned and Jasper felt slightly bad at causing his mate distress.

"This trip has just been weighing on my mind heavily for a while now and I really don't want to face them," Jasper explained hiding his face more fully into Harry's side.

"Hey, hey, hey no worries my love. This happens at your pace. If they try pushing for more than you want, just let me know. I'm not known as a Slyerindor for nothing you know! Granted my friends helped out some. Do you want to visit the twins before we go, maybe supply you with innocent trinkets?" Harry comforted him wrapping Jasper up into a hug.

"Nah, not this time," Jasper declined shaking his head, sighing Jasper started to stand, "We should just go and get this done and over with so we can get back to our lives."

Harry searched Jasper's eyes before smiling and summoning their jackets, "Its raining again."

"When isn't it?" Jasper deadpanned, shrugging into his jacket.

Harry snorted as he adjusted his glasses and brought his hood up, "Ready?"

Jasper rolled his eyes before heading to the door, taking one last breath of their home, Jasper headed out into the rain where they had a short jaunt to the International Floo Station where their rental car is waiting for them in Seattle, Washington. Feeling a hand slip into his, Jasper quirked a half smiled and tightened his grip. He was ready.