Raindrops on Roses

Jasper/Harry/Edward

Posted originally on the Archive of Our Own at http://download.archiveofourown.org/works/1916808.
Rating: Explicit
Category: M/M, Multi
Fandom: Harry Potter -J. K. Rowling, Twilight Series Relationship: Harry Potter/Jasper Hale/Edward Cullen
Character: Harry Potter, Edward Cullen, Jasper Hale Additional Tags: Master of Death Harry, Soul Bond, Hurt/Comfort
Published: 2014-07-08
Words: 2998
Raindrops on Roses by LynnWiley

Summary: After all these years Harry still suffers from horrific nightmares. His beloved husbands Jasper and Edward decide to let him open two of his gifts early this year to distract him from the latest one. Fun ensues.

Chapter 1

Harry sat on the window seat in the living room of the house he shared with his two husbands, sipping hot cocoa. The only illumination came from the multi-colored strands of lights on the beautifully trimmed Christmas tree behind him. He was meant to be sleeping while the loves of his life were hunting, but he'd been rudely awakened an hour ago by one of the worst nightmares he'd ever endured. With the life he had led, Harry Potter was no stranger to disturbing dreams. Ever since the circumstances in his early life that led to him becoming the Master of Death, the eternal eighteen-year-old had suffered through thousands of night terrors that left him shaken and depressed. Usually his beloved mates were there helping him through the after effects, but they had forwent hunting for so long that Harry had finally put his foot down and insisted they feed tonight. The night had started off so well, too. Both Edward and Jasper had together given him a full body massage, which had caused all of his tension to move to one specific part of his anatomy. Thankfully they were masters at relieving stress and before long he was melting into a pile of goo into the mattress. His last waking memory was of the both of them giving him a kiss to either side of his head. The next thing he knew, the wizard had woken up screaming, alone, and covered in sweat. He jumped into the shower, more concerned with not falling back asleep than cleanliness. Still trembling with reaction, Harry decided on a mug of cocoa as he awaited the return of his protectors. The worst part about his turbulent dreams was the fact that they were usually based upon events that he had actually lived through, and that held true with this one as well. Harry shuddered as his mind replayed this one once more. The events that played out against his will had occurred sixteen years ago and caused the death of his last remaining tie to the wizarding world. He and Hermione had gotten together for lunch at a new place that had opened up in Diagon Alley. In the decade following Ron's death, his friend had started looking every one of her one hundred and fifty-two years. He sometimes felt depressed watching her age as he remained frozen in time, but Harry wouldn't have traded a moment spent with her for all the gold in Gringotts. After ordering, the two had received their food and Hermione had commented on how delicious Harry's entree appeared. The wizard had offered to let his best friend have a taste, not knowing that the restaurant's chef was Thorfinn Rowle's nephew, and one of the last living Voldemort supporters. As soon as the bite of chicken touched her lips, Hermione Weasley nee Granger dropped the fork and grabbed her throat in pain. Harry watched in horror as his best friend's face began bubbling as if her very blood were boiling before she died screaming in his arms. Harry had sat there clutching Hermione's lifeless body as aurors swarmed the place and arrested her murderer. He remained in a state of shock for weeks after it had happened. The wizard still held himself accountable for her death, even though he knew for a fact she would whack him with a book for blaming himself if she were here. For eleven years after her passing Harry wallowed in self-pity. He'd probably still be drowning in misery had he not found love with two of the kindest and most patient vampires this world had ever seen. The mug slipped from his fingers and crashed against the hard wood flooring as he covered his face and screamed in agony from the unforgiving memories. Hot tears began streaming down his face as he followed the path of the cup and sank down among the broken glass, uncaring as the sharp pieces pierced his flesh. It was now three days before Christmas and he was in the best relationship anyone could hope for... he wasn't supposed to be feeling this way! Cold arms wrapped around him as another set of hands gently encouraged him to unclench his fists, which had moved from his face to yank at his own hair in his grief. Still wracked with sobs, Harry let go of the dark locks and wrapped his arms around the neck of Jasper. Edward refused to unwind his arms from around his distraught mate, so he just leaned forward as Harry clutched at the empath who was kneeling in front of the wizard.
————————————————