The Scars Left

I lay in bed trying to get bad to sleep but I couldn't. Too much was on my mind. Jocelyn had asked me if there was a house she could stay in outside the pack. I knew she needed time and if this helped her rethink everything I would help her in anyway I could.

I didn't just help her because of my brother. I helped her because of the fright and desperation I saw in her eyes. She really was afraid of what would come with this.

She was lost. She felt alone. I could only offer her my support and a friendship.

Mike stirred next to me before he was back to snoring. I looked at the clock on the bed table. It read 4:11 a.m. I let my head fall into my pillow softly and quietly.

I stared at ceiling unsure of what to do.

I had been laying in bed awake since we decided to go to bed that had been a bit past 12. It had been maybe four hours.

I finally couldn't take it anymore so I quietly stud up and grabbed my vans and a sweater and my phone and house and car keys and left the door quietly without waking up Mike. I headed to the kids room next to us.

I opened the door and walked in quietly. I walked over to their crib and just checked they were okay. They were peacefully snoring as Mike was. I smiled before I headed back into the hallway.

I walked down the stairs trying no to trip in the darkness. I finally got downstairs and I knew she would be awake right now. I had seen her a few days ago and it seemed like she had hardly gotten any sleep. She even told me it was hardly any sleep she got because she most of the time awake in bed staring at ceiling just thinking.

I headed to the office I wrote Mike a note saying that if he woke up and I was gone to not worry and to call me. That I was just going down to see Jocelyn and would try to be back soon.

I placed the note onto of his computer and headed outside to my car. The house Jocelyn was staying in wasn't very far it was about a fifteen minute drive in car and a half hour walk to.

I parked in the drive way of the hose and turned of my engine. I dialed the house number and waited.

"Hello?" She answered.

"It's Soul. Just checking if you were awake or not." I said.

"Yeah why what's up?" She asked.

"Couldn't sleep and I wanted to see if you were maybe having the same problem." I said as I stared at the moon.

"Well it's your lucky night I can never sleep so what do you want to talk about?" She asked.

"Do you mind if I come in? I'm outside the house I didn't want to be at the pack house walking around without someone worrying about me." I said to her.

"Yeah sure I'll be down in a second." She said. I hung up and grabbed my keys and headed to the front door.

I stud there for a second before the door opened.

"Come on in.. It's a chilly night.... morning" She said.

I smiled and walked in "Sorry I couldn't sleep I had a lot on my mind." I said to her.

"It's okay I can never get much sleep either these days. Come on let's go into the kitchen I'll make something to keep us warm." hse said as she guided me to the kitchen. I sat on a chair and put my hair out of my face and stared at my hands.

"I wonder if it'll get better one day. You know." I said to her.

"It's hard to say right now, but with time I'm sure it will." She said as she sat next to me.