Ch. 16 Beginning of What I Hope Isn't THE END

"So this is it?" I asked the boys as we stood inside of the airport at the gate. Boarding time had just been called. Beth shuffled her feet beside me. All last night we talked about how we never wanted to leave and had put ourselves in a depressed mood.

"Yeah," Harry said shoving his hands in his pockets.

"This isn't the end. You all need to stop being so mopey!" My brother yelled engulfing me in a tight hug. "I'll see you soon, sister."

"You're right. You will!" I said hugging him back. I then hugged Liam, "I'll miss you."

"Miss you too."

"Next!" Zayn said tearing up apart and giving me a big bear hug. "Abuse those tickets and come back and see us."

"I will, thank you."

He gave me a sweet kiss on the head before giving me off to Harry. "See you, Jane."

"Yeah, see you Hazza." I smiled as he rocked me back and forth while hugging me.

"And the best for last," Came an irish accent. I pulled away and held Niall close. I had been waiting for this moment for two years and here I was in his arms where it was better than I could ever imagine. I always joked how if I met him we'd become a couple and here we were.

"Bye, Niall."

"Call me when you land?"

"It'll be like midnight over here."

"I don't care." He said moving his hands to my cheeks and bringing his lips softly against mine. It was just a short lingering kiss that basically said 'I'll see you soon and that's a promise.'

With one final wave to the boys Lily and I gave our tickets to the lady and walked onto the plane. This time she sat by the window and I just stared at the seat in front of me.

"Funny how I was telling you not to get your hopes up when we came back and to make the most of  it and damn did you make the most of it." She said as the flight attendant finished with the safety regulations.

"Yeah," I said with a smile. "I did it. I'm actually dating the boy of my dreams."

"So, no regrets on this trip?"

"None what-so-ever. You?"

She got this foggy look in her eyes but still she managed a grin on her face, "No. Thanks for taking me."

"Thanks for waking up late the day I met Niall." Honestly, it she hadn't woken up late we wouldn't have made brunch and been at the right place and the right time. "Or rather the day Niall ran into me."

"Dude, that is going to be the best story to tell when you guys get older. 'How did you two meet?' 'I was stalking Niall when we were at his favorite restaurant and he ran into me; literally. Could've sued but I figured his heart was a good deal bwahahahaaha'" she said in weird voice.

I chuckled at her weirdness, "Something like that. More like 'He only paid for the meal so I wouldn't sue and give him bad press.'" I joked with an ever weirder voice.

"Please talk like that all the time!" She said while laughing really hard.

"You mean like this: Oh, Lilybeth how I love you and wish to eat your heart but then I'd be stoned to death but the Queen... Rhino herself!"

"You're so gross."

We continued to laugh and just like the first time we were on the plane. But this time it was different. I wasn't anxious anymore. I was content with all the memories I had and I knew that once I got to America Niall would make it work.