Chapter 13

By the way, Riley's mate's name is Shadow.

'I found you!' Max said as he found me. Again.

'Aw, come on! That's the third time I'm it!' I complained playfully. Max giggled and I smiled. 'Let's go and find the girls.' 

'Okay!' Max said and went off to find Ava and Olivia with me trailing behind him making sure that he stays safe.

'Found you, Ava!' I heard Max say, pulling me out of my thoughts. Ava groaned and stood up from the bush she was lying behind. 

'Your to good at this game!' She whined and Max smiled proudly. He began searching for Olivia and we made sure that he was safe like we had promised Riley we would do. 

'What were you and Ace talking about?' Ava asked.

'She just asked some questions and I gave some answers. Nothing special.' I said shrugging.

'Are you saying she's not special?' Ava asked teasingly and glanced behind her.

'Where did you get that from? No. She's very special. She's...different.' I said sighing at the end.

'Different in a good way?' Ava asked.

'Being different is always good. Eve if you don't think so.' I said.

'That's so sweet.' I heard someone say behind me. I quickly turned around and saw Ace standing there smiling.

'So, I'm special?' She asked putting her hands on her hips.

'Yeah.' I replied simply and I saw her smile drop a bit. She then quickly regained herself and walked up to us. She quickly glanced at Ava and I saw from the corner of my eye Ava nodding.

'So, what are you guys doing?' Ace asked. I shrugged and looked at Max who was still searching the area near us. 

'Playing hide and seek with Max. He's Riley's kid.' I explained smiling as Max jumped on a bush excitedly. He grinned happily as Olivia stood up.

'Again!' Max said running up to us.

'Why don't we go back to camp and get some food, okay?' I asked kneeling down to his level.

'Okay!' He said and started walking back to the den with Olivia and Ava behind him. Leaving only me and Ace.

'You wanna walk back together?' I offered, smiling.

'Sure.' Ace said smiling back and we both began walking towards the den.

'When did you arrive to your pack?' I asked.

'I found them when I was twelve. I had been kidnapped and finally escaped. But when I tried to find my home I got lost. A wolf named Lilly found me and took me in.' Ace explained and I nodded.

'Sounds rough.' I said and Ace shrugged.

'Yeah, but at least I met the wolves. I don't know where I'd be without them.' Ace said shaking her head.

'You would probably not have met me.' I joked. Ace laughed and I smiled. We continued walking in silence. But it was nice.