Chapter 11

'Let me go!' I shouted as I walked into the other clans territory. 

'Stop it!' Mark snapped at me

'Stop it!' Mark snapped at me. I glared at him and saw a girl coming out of the woods with a wolf next to her. 

She caught sight of me and I made it look like I was trying to run away

'You're not going to leave so I don't even know why you're trying~.' Sean said in a sing-song voice.

'What are you doing?' The girl boomed running up to us.

'We dealt with the pack and stole their lunch.' Mark remarked and all off the other wolves came to check what was happening.

'Thank goodness. A person! Please, I need to get back. I have to take care of my baby sister!' I said grabbing her shoulders. I saw her gaze flick back and forth between my eyes. 

'You will let him go this instant!' She said shrugging me off and standing in front of me. 

'Okay.' Mark said and we started walking back to the tunnel.

'What? That's it?' The girl asked sounding confused.

'Yeah, his pack is worried sick about him!' Mark called back and we laughed. I glanced over my shoulder and saw the girl staring at us dumbfounded. 

'See ya later, honey!' I called and started jogging out of the tunnel.

'Honey?' Mark asked as we got out of the tunnel. 

'It was the only thing I could think of.' I said shrugging.

'Eugene!' I heard a familiar voice call. I felt my face light up as I saw my old friend.

'Riley!' I said and ran up to her. 

I knelt down in front of her and hugged her neck

I knelt down in front of her and hugged her neck. 'I've missed you.' I mumbled into her fur.

'I missed you too.' Riley said. 'And I have a surprise for you.'

'What is it?' I asked curiously, letting go of her.

'Max!' Riley called.

'Yes, mum?' A pup asked walking next to her. 

'Max, this is Eugene, the one I told you about

'Max, this is Eugene, the one I told you about.' Riley said. 

'So he's the one who made you happy?' Max asked looking at me.

'Yes. He's like family.' Riley said looking at me too.

'So must I call him Uncle?' Max asked and I laughed.

'Only if you want to, buddy.' I said smiling warmly at him.

'Okay, Uncle!' Max said and went towards the cave.

'Who's the lucky wolf?' I asked.

'I am.' I heard someone say from behind Riley. I looked behind her and saw a male wolf.

 I looked behind her and saw a male wolf

'Congrats bro!' I said grinning.

'Thank you.' He said. 'Well, I'm gonna go and check on Max. I'll see you guys later.'

'Well I'll let you explore and I'll talk to you later, okay?' I asked and she nodded.

'See ya later, Eugene.' She said and started to explore the new den. Smiling proudly I went and sat on the rock by the tunnel. I sighed contently and lied down.

'Who are you?' I heard a female voice say.

'Pardon?' I asked not even moving.

'What are you still doing here?' The girl asked not paying attention to the last thing I said.

'I was raised here.' I said.

'But I've never seen your pack here.' She said.

'We had to change our den.' I said still lying down.

'Why?' She asked.

'Full of questions aren't you?' I said looking up at her. She was staring at me curiously.

'Just curious.' She said and sat down next to me.

'I could tell.' I said smiling. When she didn't return it I fell silent. 'Hey, what's your name?'

'Ace.' She replied. 'Yours?'

'Eugene.' I replied smiling warmly at her. She smiled warmly at me. 

'Who's your sister?' Ace asked. I shrugged.

'Don't have a blood-related one that I know of.' I replied sighing.

'What do you mean?' Ace asked.

'My parents died in a crash the day I was born and the pack found me in the car.' I explained.

'I'm sorry.' Ace said.

'It's fine.' I said smiling reassuringly at her.

'When did you come to this place?' She asked changing the subject.

'We got here today.' I said and lied back down.

'Well, that's nice I guess.' She said. 'Sorry about earlier.' 

'You don't have to apologise. You didn't know we were here and I understand that.' I said.

'Ace!' Mark called.

'Coming!' She called back and looked at me. 'I'll see you later, okay?'

'I'm not going anywhere.' I said looking at her, smiling. She smiled and walked towards the inside the tunnel.

'See ya, Eugene.' She said and turned the corner.

AAAAH! I finally added another human! I'm so proud of myself! I decided to add another person because I felt like the story was getting pretty boring. So it was either this or discontinuing the story. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will see you next time! Peace!