Chapter 7

'Eugene!' I heard Olivia's voice scream. I jolted awake and saw everyone staring at me.

'Why is everyone staring at me?' I asked sitting up. 

'You didn't wake up no matter what we tried to do. We thought we lost you.' Ava sobbed. 

'Hey, I'm awake now. That's all that matters.' I soothed. Ava sobbed and I hugged her neck trying to sooth her. Someone cleared their throat and I looked up to see Aaron.

'Well, the reason that we tried to wake you is about what we're going to do to Tyler.' He explained and I nodded in understanding. 

'What's going to happen to him?' I asked.

'He will have to claim his place as a Beta. His trials will start when we find someplace to stay.' Aaron said. 'Gather all valuables, we shall leave as soon as possible.' 

I heard Ava groan and looked to see her lying down in the sun.

'Come on, lazy bones. You can sleep when you're dead.' I said and she groaned yet again. 

'Why do we have to leave?' She groaned. 'Why couldn't you have said we'll leave another day or something?' 

'Hey, don't blame me! It was the first thing that came out.' I pouted and Ava chuckled.

'You're so childish.' She chuckled getting up.

'Not my fault I grew up with an Omega.' I defended. Ava and I stared at each other for a second but then burst out into laughter.

'Ava, Eugene!' Olivia shouted.

'Yeah?' Ava replied innocently trying hard not to laugh.

'We're leaving soon. Hurry up!' She shouted and walked over to Aaron.

'Someone's in a bad mood.' I said in a sing-song voice. I heard Ava hum a yes in response. 'Well, we should get our thing now.'

'Yeah, they might leave without us.' Ava joked.

'I hope not.' I said seriously.

'Whoa, okay. No need to get all serious now. We have to lift the wolves spirits.' Ava said walking past me. I chuckled and I walked to the pups. I put all the puppies in my baby seat and carried them to the front of the cave.

'I can't believe we're really leaving.' Said Leah next to me, staring off into the distance.

' Said Leah next to me, staring off into the distance

'We'd have to leave eventually. Why wait?' I asked shrugging. I heard Leah sigh next to me and I looked at her. She was staring at me. 'What? Is there something on my face?'

'No, it's just-' She sighed -'you've grown up to be such a handsome and intelligent boy.'

'Well, I have to thank the entire pack for that.' I said chuckling. Leah laughed.

'Yeah, I guess you do, huh?' She said. We stayed there in comfortable silence.

'Is everybody ready?' Aaron's voice shouted.

'Yes, sir.' Everyone said. Some as a joke and some were being serious. Why some of them are serious to call him 'Sir' is beyond me.

'Shall we go?' I asked Leah. She giggled and nodded.

'We shall.' And with that, we set off to find a new den.

Hey, guys! I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and I'm really sorry for the wait. School has gotten in the way and yesterday I had practice for production. Anyways, I will see you all in the next chapter! Peace!