Chapter 22

Again a gentle remainder to my readers, my story currently is unedited so there will be mistakes in grammar and language. Please point them out in the comments and I will eventually fix them once I finish writing this story. Thank you for understanding.

Chapter 22
---------------

Evelyn eventually emerged out of her bedroom, her eyes were puffy and red form her breakdown in the bathroom and despite her bath she looked like shit.

Sebastian did not comment on her appearance and simply handed over a glass to her.

She looked at it questioningly and smelled Vodka and sprite in the glass, Sebastian had made her a drink and he had made one for himself too.

She quietly took a sip and grimaced, it was stiff.

"I thought you could use a drink" He told her as they moved towards the sofas and settled down quietly, each lost in their own thought and nursing their drinks in silence, today had been a very... very long day for them both.

"What are you thinking?" Evelyn finally asked breaking the silence.

"About today" He told her, his voice tired.

"Yeah, strange day" She said and a moment later added "Shit! Chair of the council" she nodded her head in disbelief giving out an ironical laugh.

"Yes" Sebastian said "Something we did not foresee nor we planned for, but it fell in to our lap" He said thoughtfully.

"A boon or a curse?" She asked wanting to know what he really thought while she knew which one he would lean on to.

"At this point not really sure" Sebastian confessed. "Too many questions to answer before we can deduce that"

She raised her glass in a wry smile "Amen!" she said and took a gulp.

They sat in comfortable silence and were quietly sipping on their drink when the silence was interrupted when one of her men entered.

"Excuse me ma'am" He said politely "We have someone here to meet you" He offered.

Roma looked at Sebastian confused, they did not schedule any meetings today.

Sebastian asked the guy "Who is it?"

"Alpha Ivan of Russia sir" he offered politely.

Sebastian's eyes widened and looked back at Evelyn, who looked equally shocked. One question they both had in their head, why the hell was he here?

Ivan had caught them by surprise, but they could not refuse a meeting now, would be too rude to turn away the alpha from their door steps and probably Ivan knew that too. So he desperately wanted to meet them, the only question was why? Only one way to find out.

Evelyn nodded gently to Sebastian, who got up and sighed "Show him in please" he told the guard.

"Yes sir" the guard disappeared.

Sebastian took a deep breath and tried to iron out the wrinkles on his shirt by rubbing down on it with his hands. Like it would make a difference.

Roma was past caring so she barely moved from her place.

The guard reappeared with Alpha Ivan in tow.

"Alpha Ivan Roma, sir" he introduced and walked out.

Sebastian moved in "Alpha Ivan" he said extending his hand "Welcome! This is a surprise!" Sebastian said.

"Indeed" Ivan agreed, knowing he had come in without prior intimation. He turned to Roma and respectfully bowed his head to her "Roma" he greeted her.