Chapter 9

Chapter 9
-------------

They went back in the same path in to the core Lockbourne territory, it was midnight and they were treading cautiously, they were in sight of the house they had stumbled across the last time they had been there. Their orders were pretty clear, grab the target a.k.a Charles and get the hell out of dodge and head straight to Colorado. If they could not grab Charles then put a silver bullet in his head. The team leader has debriefed his team on the action they needed to take.

The house was in sight now and they halted, one of them pulled out a binoculars and peered in, and he raised his hand and put all five fingers up. That meant there were five men visible outside the house guarding it. Then he pulled in an IR scope and peered in, he looked for a few minutes and put his fist in the air and flashed all his five finger twice. There were ten wolves inside the house according to IR scope. Fifteen against ten, not bad odds.

They waited to get in to position, they had two of the guards in their line of sight and the other three were on the other side. They had to take out the guards silently to retain element of surprise.

The team leader asked two of his men to come forward, he wanted them to take out the two guys simultaneously using the sniper guns, the men took positions and aimed their guns and took aim to the heads of their respective target.

The leader gave a thumbs up and they fired simultaneously, the two guards collapsed in an instant as the bullets entered their skull and exploded turning their brains in to mush.

The rest leapt in to action and in a flash moved to the other side of the house and fired at the other three guards. Surprise achieved, they quickly moved to the door and blew it open and quickly fanned out and there was no resistance, which was the first sign of worry. As they quickly scanned the room on the ground floor they did not find anything.

As the team leader looked confused at his team member who had earlier mentioned that there were ten wolves in the building his team member pointed his finger up.

All of them looked up in horror and at each other. Fuck!

As if reading their mind, bullets started raining from the roof and the men scrambled to take cover. Two of their men were however hit.

They started firing back at the roof but were blind.

"Switch to IR" The team lead screamed as the Roma wolves scrambled to put in their IR goggles and as they donned they started takin out targets and quickly they had taken out everyone in the first floor or at least that what they assumed as the firing stopped. Cautiously they took the staircase to the first floor and checked each room, most of the wolves lay dead in the hallway and the rooms with their bodies pierced with Roma wolves bullets. They looked through each body trying to identify it, none of them were Charles. They checked each room on the first floor and found it empty they regrouped on the ground floor.

"Where the fuck is he?" The team leader spat. "Toss the entire house, see if we can find something useful. Fuck!" he said out frustrated, their mission was a fail. Charles was not in the house.

As the team leader pondered over his next action one of his members whistled to get his attention and nodded his head to indicate him to come over.

The team leader walked over as the guy pointed at a door that he had just opened. It was hidden in plain sight but not that difficult to find when you were really looking for something.

"Looks like it leads in to a basement" The guy told him.

The team leader signaled his men to come over and told them "let's check this out"