Chapter 10

Happy Christmas Folks!

As I would like to remind my readers periodically, all my chapters are unedited, there will be mistakes. Do let me know if you spot any in the comments and I will eventually fix them. Thanks for understanding.

Chapter 10
---------------

She sat alone in the Queens garden, her favorite place in the entire Palace, the garden overlooked the city of Roma. She sat there without a sense of purpose, she did not know for how long. Her mind had shut off...the only way to protect herself, if she started feeling or thinning again, she did not know if she would last. The bottle of grey goose sure did help...now the almost empty bottle. She looked at the bottle placidly and took a sip and grimaced, even though she dumped a bottle of sprite in to it, it was still potent. She leaned back to rest her head on the bench and closed her eyes, her head was spinning at a decent pace, she was very very tipsy.

"Evy" she heard a soft voice behind her.

"Go away Alex" she told him without moving or opening her eyes, she was enjoying the spinning of her head, but it was nauseating as well...she felt like she could empty her guts any moment.

She was in no mood for sympathy or talk or any other nonsense. She wanted to be alone! What did one have to do to be alone in this goddamn place?!

"Evy, what are you doing?" He said stepping closer.

"I am busy..me and my bottle. We are having a little party and YOU are not invited, so get lost."

"Evelyn"

"Fuck of Alex! My god, don't you understand" she opened her eyes and peered at him "I don't want you here, I want to be left alone so go away...shoo!" She waved her hand at him dismissively.

"Evy, don't do this to yourself." He softly said.

She looked at him furiously and mimicked "Don't do this...don't do that...god, I can't even take a damn piss without jumping the hoops with one of you folks. Let me be you miserable prick! Don't you fucking tell me what to do...let me tell you what to do for a change, shut the fuck up and fuck off!"

He gave her a heart broken look but backed off, he turned back and walked away.

She stared at his retreating back for a moment...well what do you know that worked! She chuckled drunkenly and groped for the bottle "Come here you!" she muttered and grabbed it and took a deep gulp and grimaced again, fuck! This was some potent stuff. Her vision started to blur and she blinked hard trying to keep her eyes open. She heard a distant thud of a bottle falling to the ground before the darkness consumed her.

***

"Ug!" She muttered getting up. Her head was pounding away to glory. Where was she?

"Hello sleeping beauty" a voice broke in.

She yelped in surprise, her hand clutching her errant heart. "What the fuck Alex!?" she yelled at him who was sitting across the room in a chair.

"Well, since you conveniently passed out in the garden yesterday night, I got you to your room and put you here and stayed over just in case you might get up and plan to do something stupid?" He said.

"Wh-at?" she said incoherently. What the fuck was he talking about? Her throat was dryer than the Sahara desert and her head was pounding like a drum.

"How are you feeling?" He asked her.

"Like shit" She whispered, she wasn't lying.

"Two bottles of vodka would do that to you" he told her sagely.