Chapter 21

Chapter 21
---------------

Lockbourne Territory

The Roma soldiers looked at each other lost, Alex had simply walked away dumping the entire mess on them and they stood looking at each other totally lost.

The girl was quite as a mouse, perhaps just glad that she was alive one of them looked at her, her face was miserable understandably...and her eyes closed and silent tears streaking out of the corner of her eyes. For a moment he felt for her.

Her mate was the man who was about to kill her, put a bullet in the back of her head. Definitely not the stuff of romance.

What do they do? The clock was ticking and they were neck deep in Lockbourne territory.

Luckily their commander had the same thought and barked out orders.

"Retreat" he said and then looked at the girl and contemplated for a moment "take her" he ordered his men.

Two of them jumped in to action and grabbed her and pulled her up. She offered no resistance. Her head hung low she meekly complied. Smart girl, the commander thought. Drawing attention to herself at this point would not be wise.

As they moved out of the house towards the helicopters some of the soldiers waiting directed them to a helicopter.

"Alex?" The commander asked.

The soldier pointed to another helicopter. The commander nodded and directed his men to take the girl to a different chopper than the one Alex was sitting in.

They were going to take the girl and dump her in Colorado and then he would wash his hands of this goddamn mess! Let Alex handle this shit!

The World Council

Silence.

The entire chamber was in shocking silence at the events that transpired. Everyone recoiled at the gruesome sight of the headless wolf lying in the room, the erstwhile leader of the said council.

Everyone looked at Roma, expecting her to do something.

Roma put her hand out and Sebastian quickly took the gun away from her hand. A move to show the others she meant no harm.

"You heard" Roma said shakily.

"You heard what he said" She repeated a little firmly.

"What he did to my family" She said looking at all of them "and none of you in this so called council did anything to stop it or try to figure out what was happening, happy in their ignorance while he was killing one family member after another."

"This council is useless. Has done nothing for Roma. Why should Roma be part of such a union which brings the Roma family nothing but pain?"

She paused and added "We are done with this council and no longer recognize its authority."

Everyone looked at her, took the sight in, blood splattered over the side of her face and clothes. Sebastian quietly handed her a small towel, with which she wiped her face and threw it on the floor.

She said what she had to say and did what she had set out to do. She was done here.

She turned to walk out and took a few steps towards the door.

"Roma wait!" Australia said panicked.

Roma spun around.

"I know what happened to you and your family was unfair. There is no denying that but you should believe us when we say this that we had no part in what Lockbourne was up to." Australia pleaded.