Chapter 12

Chapter 12
---------------

Somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean

The plane was now on autopilot and was cruising at a comfortable five hundred miles an hour over the Atlantic.

"All right, thanks Adrian, keep us posted." Sebastian said hanging up the phone. He had been talking to Adrian for the past thirty minutes.

Roma looked at him expectantly. She was eager to know how the other alphas were reacting to their 'housecleaning' activity.

"He is smoothing ruffled feathers and reassuring our alphas that everything is fine...we have never had a purge of this kind and is causing some understandable uneasiness." He explained.

"Hmm..." Roma just said distracted in her thoughts and added "Do we expect further trouble?" That was something they could not afford now.

Sebastian chuckled "Trouble?" he said ridiculously "After showing what we do with disloyal alphas they have been purring like domesticated kittens." He said with a smile. They would not have trouble for a long time to come. Adrian said the alphas were really shaken.

She just sighed "I just hope we don't become some sort of monsters to these alphas..." She needed their support for what lay ahead.

"Sometimes fear is a good thing Roma" Sebastian said seriously then paused and added "and sometimes you have to be cruel first before you are kind." He told her.

She stared out of her window in to the vast emptiness, the sky was lit with bright stars but the ground below was pitch darkness. You knew you were on the ocean and you could not see it.

"Also, news started to leak out as we expected, we had some concerning phone calls being made to the palace as to what the hell was happening? One amusing version was the alphas have revolted against the throne and there is a coupe in progress." Sebastian told her recalling what Adrian had told him over the phone earlier.

"I see" She said thinking, still peering out of the window, the wheels in her head were spinning.

"I told him to get all the rumors under control, so the real picture should come out soon for the whole world to see how Roma deals with traitors." He reassured her.

Suddenly she spun her head to him "Don't!" she told him.

"What?" What was she talking about?

"Don't get the rumors under control." She told him calmly but he could see in her eyes a determined look, she was going somewhere with this.

"I see...why?" he asked.

"I want you to ensure that rumors of coupe reach Lockbourne" She said cryptically.

"Ok..." He still did not get the whole picture.

"Let the Lockbourne think we are imploding and the last thing they will expect is an attack" She finally revealed what she was thinking.

He sat back in his chair thinking, this could actually work very well in their favor. The cocky bastard would never expect an attack when he clearly believed Roma was imploding.

"They would also think you are weak and try to take you out back in Colorado" Sebastian warned. That was a good possibility, heck that's what he would do if he was in that bastards place.

"Then we will be ready. Wont we Sebastian?" she asked, it was more a statement, than anything else and he just gave her a nod and added "Yes we will." She was placing  a lot of faith on him.

"What is the status of Nick's pack?" she asked, wondering how they were doing now, last she saw them they were rebuilding.

"It's great" he told her surprising her "We had two hundred of our men stationed there and they whipped the pack in to shape, there are a lot of surviving wolves, leftovers from the rogue attacks on Colorado who have joined in to the pack, so the pack numbers have swelled. Nick has invested in rebuilding housing and living and pack security. We have some of the best security put in place out there."