Chapter 14

Sorry folks, the last few weeks I had been kidnapped by my work.

Chapter 14

---------------

They were assembled in her house or rather what had been her mother's and Jeff's house.

Nick showed up with a few of his wolves, he had been summoned to the house after the funeral and they were seated in the living room.

"Nick" Sebastian began "you need to put your pack on high alert, we might expect an attack any moment"

"Sure" Nick readily agreed "But any reason why we are expecting an imminent attack?" he asked.

Sebastian looked at Evelyn for a moment and she gave him a small nod.

He looked back to Nick who was watching the interaction between them curiously "Early in the morning today we launched an offensive against the Montana pack."

"You mean Patrick Lockbourne's pack" Nick asked with shock in his voice. Patrick's was one of the largest packs in the US.

While he controlled all of Montana and had pockets of wolves living all over the state, most of his wolves chose to live closer to the Alpha, it was safer that way.

"Yes" Sebastian added. He didn't need to explain why, it was a no brainer as to who was behind Roma's parent's death, especially with the note they left behind.

"How did it go?" Nick asked curious.

"We wiped them out" Sebastian informed.

"What!" Nick asked shocked, his eyes widening, he couldn't be saying what he was saying.

"We wiped the pack out. Took out the Alpha and killed the entire pack" Sebastian said.

"My god!" Nick breathed out "The entire pack?!" it was one of the biggest packs, had a lot of wolves in it.

"Yes, the entire pack. There are no survivors" Sebastian voiced in.

A shiver went through Nick's spine...taking out a pack of that size! "My god!" he said again, taking in a sharp breath. It was inconceivable to him that a pack could be wiped out overnight.

"But, it has close to two hundred wolves" Nick mumbled, they couldn't all be dead could they?

"We had to set an example alpha Nick" Evelyn spoke for the first time since the conversation started and Nick's eyes moved over to hers.

She knew what he was thinking, those were a lot of lives.

"Lockbourne's had crossed the line" she further added "We believe they supported Charles who has taken down Maxim Roma and in all likelihood has hand in what happened to Max and his mother and then we know what role they played in my parents death. We could not let them go unpunished."

"But the whole pack?" Nick asked.

"That's why it is about setting an example, Nick. This is not revenge, this is making a statement to the world the consequences of actions against Roma" Evelyn elaborated.

"But this means war!" Nick said. This will not be forgiven, it will be seen as an attack against American packs. Gordon would not keep quite.

"Yes, it is" Roma calmly responded "That's why we need to be ready, all bets are off."

"We have two hundred of Roma's wolves in your pack already and we plan to ship additional two hundred from Roma as soon as end of week. Colorado will be the focal point of this war." Sebastian added.