Chapter 33

"Mia?" I answered.

"Jesse's dead. Tran shot him. In our front yard. Almost got Dom and Brian too. They drove after them. I haven't heard from them. I'm starting to get really scared that they're not coming back." She cried while almost yelling through the phone.

"What? Oh God." I said putting my hand over my mouth in shock.

"I can't go out there when a friend is lying dead on my front lawn. Please Lexi will you go and find them?"

"Mia I can't. I wouldn't know how to find them. The only way I could find you was because there's a tracker in your phone. I don't have one for Dom and Brian. I'm sure you'll hear from one of them soon. Don't worry I'll bring Letty and Leon home. See you soon." I said hanging up.

I took a deep breath.

Brian being a cop, a colleague of mine dead, Jesse's death and for all we know Dom and Brian could also be dead. This was a lot to handle, to swallow. But I built myself back up and took another breath, I then walked over to grab my keys.

"What's going on?" Letty asked.

"We need to leave. Now." I said helping her up and out the door Leon helping me.

We got her into the car then I drove over to Mia, as fast as I legally could taking as many side streets as I could.

The others kept pestering me with questions.

But I couldn't answer them.

How do you tell someone that in front of their house?

A friend .......a family member lay dead, and two other family members may also be dead.

I couldn't think about myself and the fear in the pit of my stomach. Fear that something might have happened to Dom.

'Oh God. I can't breathe.'

I parked the car across the road. The others hadn't seen it yet.

"Oh Shit. What happened here?!" Letty yelled at the state of Jesse's car.

She walked around it examining the damage with Leon. I couldn't walk over there, so I stood near my car waiting for the reaction.

One, two, three.

A small glistening tear accidently escaped my eye which I quickly wiped away

"Jesse! Oh my god. Jesse? Jesse wake up. Come on kid you gotta wake up." Leon yelled from the side walk.

Letty was on her hands and knees shaking Jesse's lifeless body.

"No! Who? Who would do this?" Letty asked.

"Tran." I said sniffing quickly hoping they wouldn't hear me. I straightened myself then walked straight past them not looking at the body.

I walked up the path and up to the door. I knocked and moments later Mia came to the door. Her eyeliner dripped down her face in lines of tears. The same tears that came from Leon and Letty. Tears of loss.

She hugged me at first sight and held on for dear life.

"What should we do with the body?" Mia asked.

"You call the police. They will need some statements. Then we'll have a funeral. Does he have any family?"

She shook her head.

"He only ever talks about his dad who's in prison."

"Alright we'll need to send him a letter or call him. Informing him."

"How do you tell someone that their son is on my front lawn with bullets through his entire body?"

"We'll get through this. We always do." I said hugging her.

I wish my touch and words could heal her.

They say you'll move on. But death is a stain. A stain on your memories. One that will never wash away. No matter how many hugs you get or words that are said to you. Death is eternal cannot be undone or forgotten. Or forgotten. That person is never forgotten. Their memories are all that is left. Maybe some money or cars or estates. But the only part of their soul that you can keep is.....their memories.

Ride or die.   

This chapter is for Paul Walker. Who will always be Brian O'Conner to us. R.I.P.