Chapter 24

Go Lexi go.
Go Lexi go.

Hey guys it's TheBookLoverof99 here. I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. I've been thinking hard about the next chapters. Please keep commenting tell me what you think. ENJOY!! 

***********************************************************************************************

I woke with a start, I showered and changed into a pair of light blue ripped jeans and a one shoulder top that was plain red.

I grabbed some things out of the safe, grabbed my handbag and walked out to my car.

I drove over to Dom's house to see if Mia had come home safe from her date last night.

 I knocked and a half naked Vince came to the door.

What is it with these men and not wearing shirts?

"Well hello gorgeous." He said leaning against the door frame.

"Well hello beautiful. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine. Sorry about yesterday. I didn't back you up." He said cringing slightly.

"No I'm sorry for not telling you sooner." I said but I really thought that their reaction was uncalled for no matter what, I was serving my country and not off robbing trucks.

"Lexi I am sorry. I freaked out a little but I would never hold it against you. Dom shouldn't have accused you of coming here to arrest us."

"It's fine Vince that was yesterday." I said smiling.

He nodded and gave me a cute smile. I took a step forwards and gave him a hug.

"I love you Vince." I whispered.

He let go so he could look me in the eyes.

"Really?"

"Of course I've known you forever. I love you, and before you freak out and think I have bad news. I don't. I've just been saying it a lot lately."

"Why?"

"Because of Tay." I said continuing to smile.

"What about her?"

"Her last words were 'I love you', and out of all the words in the world, the words I love you. Are the most important words and I give them to the people I care about the most because you never know when your last words will be, or what they'll be. So I love you."

"I love you too." He said kissing me on my forehead and squeezing me in a hug.

"So did Mia come home late last night?" I asked.

"No she came in this morning."

"Oh really, what did you guys do last night?"

"We went to visit some friends." He lied.

"Oh cool. Where is Mia?" I said trying to continue the conversation.

"She's in the kitchen with everyone else."

We walked into the kitchen, with Vince's arm still around me. Sure enough everyone was in the kitchen. Mia was leant over the bench with a cup of coffee in her hands, yawning. Letty was sitting on the bench picking at some toast. Dom was standing next to her talking to Jesse and Leon was sitting on the bench near Jesse.

They all looked up when we walked in. Dom looked at Vince then at me, then at Vince's arm around me.

"Mornin' Lexi. How are you?" Leon asked before anyone else could.