Chapter 30

Lexi's P.O.V

"Yo we got problems!" Leon yelled when he ran into the gazebo, before running out again.

We all followed him worrying.

"What?" Dom said asking what we were all thinking.

"Jessie." Leon said pointing out a car driving away from the races.

"Where's Jessie going?" Dom sighed.

"He just raced Tran for slips." Leon said.

"Oh shit." Dom yelled throwing his hands up.

He rubbed his head like he was trying to get an idea.

Tran drove up to us in his shiny expensive car and jumped out.

"Where's he goin'?" Tran asked walking over to us.

"Went to the car wash." Dom said lying easily.

"Well go and fetch my car!" Tran ordered.

"Fetch your car? We're not on your block any more you better watch who you talk to like that." Dom said looking around at the crowd that started to form before turning to walk towards us.

"Toretto, TORETTO!" Tran screamed.

"SWAT came into my house disrespected my whole family because somebody knocked me out, and you know what? It was you!"

Dom ran out to Tran and punched him. Tran was trying to fight back but Dom pinned him to the ground and began punching him.

Tran's cousin walked over to the fight going to hit Dom from behind, like the coward he was.

Letty and I walked forward. Letty clocked one right in his face and I kicked him where the sun don't shine. Security tried to stop Dom but Dom refused to get up off him. Vince pulled Dom off him while he had him in a grip he couldn't get out of.

"I never knocked on nobody, I never knocked on nobody!" Dom yelled.

Tran spat out blood, as he did I examined the wounds.

Dom really did that with his bare hands?

I walked back into the gazebo where Vince had sat Dom down and was trying to calm him down.

"I'm sorry to inform you that because of your outburst. We are going to have to suspend you from racing. Another outburst from you and we'll have to ask you to leave." One of the security guards said.

"Why we have every right to compete?!" Vince said getting up and walking towards the guards who put their hands on their guns getting ready.

I stepped between Vince and the guards. I then put my hands on his chest which made him look down at me.

"It's alright. We'll go." I said to the guards who left.

"Are you kidding me? Lexi, what happened to you? If you were like you used to be, you would have fought with me?" Vince almost yelled in my face.

But I didn't flinch. I leant back in his face.

"You want to know what happened to me?! I grew up Vince I now know how to act mature and still have fun."

"But now we can't compete!" Vince almost yelled again.

"So? Does it really matter? It's just a race. We race every day. We live racing. Our lives are races we don't need this."

"She's right. It's fine we'll stick around. These racers aren't going to compete with us anymore. Their probably too afraid." Dom said standing up.

"We can stay for the bonfire tonight." I said.

There were looks exchanged between everyone.

"What? Aren't we going?" I asked.

"No. Let's just go home Lexi." Vince said.

"Are you kidding me? We've been doing Race Wars since we could legally drive. And afterwards we partied at the bonfire. We can't break tradition." I said.

"Come on guys it'll be fun." Mia pitched in.

"Fine but only for a little while." Dom said.

"I don't get it. You got something better to do?" I asked.

More looks were exchanged.

"No, what would we have to do." Dom said.

I knew he was lying. I always know when he's lying.

I just want to know what he's lying about.