Chapter 1

Grace's POV

"Shaun! Don't lean on your heels too much! It will eat up tons of your speed and on that trick, you're gonna need all the speed you can get!" He was at the top of the pipe and I was at the end.

"Sorry! I thought I broke that habit years ago!"

"Well, you better break it again if you wanna get to the Olympics! Now, hurry your ass up! I need some practice time too, you know!"

"Fine!" He pulled up his bandana, put on his goggles, fastened his feet in, and started his run. Every trick was flawless. "Beat that Madison!"

"Don't call me that," I yell at him. He's such an ass. "And, I will Tomato!"

"Come on! You know I hate that name. It's like a disease! I can't get rid of it!"

"You call me Madison, I'll call you Tomato. I thought we established this!" After that remark, I hopped on the snow mobile and it drove me to the top of the pipe. I took a deep breath in and I thought about what my tricks were gonna be. After I fastened myself in and everything, I took off. I started out with a huge backside air and that helped me get lots of speed. On the next trick, I did a McTwist (Not the Double McTwist 1260, the McTwist) and the rest of my tricks were what Shaun would call 'fabulous.'

"Dude, that was sick! You gonna own the X-Games and the Olympics!"

"I would tell you 'you too' but I'm pretty sure that you already have been told that by the reporters that just so happened to "accidentally" run into us," I say, rolling my eyes. "Assholes. I'll meet you back at the hotel, yeah?"

"Fine. Meet you there! I left some stuff at the top of the pipe."

"Okay," I saw him ride up and grab his stuff while I was walking back to the resort.

We were staying and practicing here for a while. It was pretty nice. I walked in and the warmth hit me.

I ran up the stairs to my room which was on the 4th floor, next to Shaun's. I ran in my room, set down my board, got undressed and took a quick shower.

"Took you long enough. I was out here for an eternity," he said, acting annoyed, when I came out of my room.

"Nice try, Shaun. I heard you come out while I was getting my shoes on," I said with the same chill in my voice as always. Shaun White will never phase me.

"You have the ears of a fruit bat," he murmured.

"I heard that."

"My exact point," he smiled. "I'm hungry."

"Well that's new," I sarcastically say. This boy has the stomach of five elephants. "What do you want

"Steak," he laughs.

"As always," I say, heading to the elevator this time.